Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
18,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think this is the right forum. If not, sorry, please move.

I have had my Beretta PX4 for about 4 years now. I have always really liked this pistol! I'm even a bit of a Beretta fan boy!

Well I finally got adventurous the other night and decided to change from the factory installed, medium, back strap to the small back strap. Wow! It makes an amazing difference. I always loved the feel of the PX4 and I think I like it even better now. I can manipulate the safety even easier than I could before and I was quite good at it with a lot of practice.

The final step was taken today when my Midway USA order arrived with the assortment of mag release buttons. I took out the factory medium and installed the larger release button. Again, WOW! My short thumb reaches and actuates the mag release with no effort at all.

I have decent sized hands but kind of short, thick fingers. With these changes I have a new gun! I would post photos but there is no point. My PX4 looks just like all the other PX4s out there....but this one (well both of them) is mine!

I'm in love all over again!

·
Registered
4,378 Posts
Glad you got a better fit. I inherited a Beretta 22lr medium sized semiauto pistol from my uncle that had he bought while in the navy shortly after WWII when I was a kid. It was a real sweet shooter but a burglar stole it back in the late 70's. I saw one several years ago at a gun show that was priced at $1100, I had to pass it up

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Wear it like a new pair of shoes:D

Reactions: darbo

·
Registered
18,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Glad you got a better fit. I inherited a Beretta 22lr medium sized semiauto pistol from my uncle that had he bought while in the navy shortly after WWII when I was a kid. It was a real sweet shooter but a burglar stole it back in the late 70's. I saw one several years ago at a gun show that was priced at $1100, I had to pass it up
Wow! $1100!? Sorry yours was stolen back then regardless of the monetary value now, it was a gift from your Uncle.

·
Registered
24,618 Posts
Wow!!! Two new guns in one box.

·
Registered
10,614 Posts
I love it when a good plan comes together!!! :thumb:

Buuuutttt........ :nopics:

·
Banned
15,276 Posts

·
Super Moderator
40,518 Posts
Looking forward to a range report after the changes. I always wonder if slight changes like this impact accuracy after being so used to how it was.

·
Registered
10,898 Posts
Looking forward to a range report after the changes. I always wonder if slight changes like this impact accuracy after being so used to how it was.
They do, or can. I changed back straps on my Walther PPQ and my accuracy decreased. While more comfortable to hold, my finger fell on the trigger differently. It took me a while to get used to.

·
Registered
36,334 Posts
My PX4 SC came with the medium back strap, I shot it, tried both the small and the large for about 200 rounds each.
finally decided the medium was the best, I does make a difference though!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts