Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am undecided on wish to purchase. Own 3 Taurus' but the Bersa feels like a nice gun. Do not know much about them. Wish I had the $$ to buy both. Any suggestions welcomed. Slim also feels great in the hand.

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
If you are planning to conceal carry the pistol, I can highly recommend the 709 Slim...as I have a 740 that rides comfortably and discreetly concealed on my person each time I go out into public.

·
32,654 Posts
Bersa makes quality firearms.

The only downside I can see is that this is a new model that hasn't been out for a year. Could be wrong.

Guess what is being said is wait just a bit and see if the bugs have been all worked out.

I've gone through two recalls for a new gun that was just short of one year of being out there and having a track record. Yes, I knew better but got that glazed eye look and went and got them. Nothing real major was wrong with either.

I own a 709 and like it. Got used to the trigger and short grip. Did some dry firing with snap caps first to make sure I caught any bad habits or corrected a few things. Still took a short time to get used to the characteristics of the gun. I did no try to fire more than 50 rounds a session with this particular gun. Wearing oneself out over it is not worth it. Yes, others may fire more rounds through this gun a session. I just like to have attainable goals set for each range session. :)

Others may be able to fire a goodly number of rounds in one session with no problems. With guns that are a bit harder to stay proficient with I shoot them a bit less then the larger types. I get a point of diminishing returns shooting more than 50 rounds through one snub revolver or a gun that is in an alike class. There are some cases where it is more but not many. That's normally where other specialized guns are along as well.

·
Registered
51 Posts
if you are going to carry it only you can decide what is best for you I dont have a 709 but I do have a pf9 that being said that is my primary carry piece and I also have a thunder UC Bersa that I LOVE one of my best guns ever it hides with a good holster but I use it more in the winter when I wear a jacket .

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
That is a tough decision. Either would make a great choice, but I think I might lean in the Bersa direction. BTW, have you seen the latest Bersa offering? It is called the BP9CC, and it should fit what you are looking for perfectly. It is in the same price range as the 709, but it appeals to me just a little bit more. It is definitely on my to do list. If you want a review or two, I have some saved and will post them again. Otherwise, do a search in the other handguns section and you will find them along with a couple of people who own the BP. Reviews have been favorable so far....

·
Registered
5,449 Posts
I have both. If it is strictly for CC, I'd go with the 709. The Bersa UC 9 is heavier, bigger, etc. It makes a good nightstand gun. Accurate and reliable.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I own a 709 and have been looking at this Bersa model as well. I am a big guy and the concealability no an issue. I dont mind the limited capacity of the 709 but I do prefer to carry more rounds and the Bersa would make that happen. I also like the Bersa for the DA/SA trigger and the decocker. the newest version also has a light rail if your in to that kind of thing. This model has been offered for a while and from what I've read the kinks have been worked out. Aside from ergonomics, why are you considering the Bersa? Im just curious since one is an all steel frame double stack DA/SA and the other is a polymer framed single stack. Either way the choice is yours and I think either would make a good carry pistol.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts