Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
While cleaning the 709, I notice the rear of slide (striker plate removed) looks different from the ones I see on YouTube videos.

Top photo is mine, the bottom is screenshot from YouTube.

It doesn't look like I have the opening for the extractor spring & pin.

Can someone please educate me ?

Thank you all in advance.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

·
23,096 Posts
Yes, there's definitely a difference. Is there a hole in the shadow in the upper right on your slide?

Reactions: flgolfer29

·
Registered
78 Posts
Mine is like yours ( top photo ) bought appox June '17
I would not worry about a thing as they've been out at least 6yr now , a little change -- OK

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Mine is like yours ( top photo ) bought appox June '17
I would not worry about a thing as they've been out at least 6yr now , a little change -- OK
I was cleaning the pistol for my son, and looking at a how-to video on breaking it down.

Right after removing the striker I went back to the video and narrator states "be careful not to lose this pin".

I looked at the empty hole top left of slide and says oh , I've lost the pin. Spent the next 2 hours looking in the shed for something that wasn't missing. Haha

Thanks to each that replied. The pistol is a very good shooter.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
380 Posts
I'm thinking that when they went to the 3 pin design, they changed the slide to be more like the Millennium PT-111 G2 with a different and larger extractor setup discussed here:
www.taurusarmed.net/forums/700-s/262345-g3-709-3-pin-larger-extractor.html

Looks like a PT-111 G2. There will probably be further changes to the 709 when they ditch the security key lock like on the new G2C.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I saw somewhere the term G2S. If I remember right, it was said this will be the new single stack designation with G2C being the double stack. They may well have changed the design on the late production PT709 Slim pistols before the name changes. :confused:

Reactions: flgolfer29

·
Registered
191 Posts
I did a trick to My 111g2 and also My 709. somewhere on this site I saw a thread about making the 709 DAO, which I Did and which I Like , but in addition to that I Put a set Screw in the Rigger assembly to make it adjustable for the Take up, which is about 1/16 inch or less really like it and it can be put back to stock very Easley , the 111g2 has the same trigger Take up trick but remains DA/SA,

1 - 12 of 12 Posts