Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For all you guys out there that are slightly rotund, what kind of holster do you use for you conceal carry?

·
10,379 Posts
Hmm, I guess I'll admit to being less than svelte. For IWB I use a Crossbreed SuperTuck Deluxe, hides the 1911 well when using a forward cant around the 4:30-5:00 position.

·
Registered
306 Posts
I'm not as svelte as I once was. I feel very comfortable with my new Kholster.

·
Registered
3,223 Posts
Well......I don't consider myself to small of the "belly", but I wear a IWB appendix carry at about 1:30 or 2 oclock. There seems to be a small "crease" in there that my PT145 fits in very nicely, and with a drop over shirt you can't see it for my belly holding the shirt out. Hope this helps...God bless and have a wonderful New Year!!

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
I'm in shape!...round is a shape.

Lately I've been using the 5.11 holster shirt - very easy to conceal almost anything, and you can keep spare mags/BUG on other side.
(funny how it doesn't look like that on me)

You want it tight, so get it one size smaller than usual, or better yet find a local 5.11 retailer and try it on first.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys! I'll have to take a look at your suggestions. I expect to loose a few pounds over the winter months, doctor's orders, but I was wondering what would be the best. Thanks again!

Happy New Year to all!!!

·
Registered
12,813 Posts
Hey if you loose weight you won't need to get new pants that fit with your IWB holster tucked inside.

I have a number of friends who are more rotund than I am and they carry in a CrossBreed SuperTuck, or one of its clones. I find that big piece of leather makes concealed carry more comfortable than anything else I've worn and does not restrict my movement at all. I find a big gut gets in the way with appendix and cross draw carry positions with anything other than small pistols when sitting and in general the backside of the hip is the most comfortable carry position.

·
Registered
9,164 Posts
OWB in a Bianchi belt holster between 3:30 & 4:00 depending on my body position. Sitting i slip it back so the barrel doesn't dig into my hip, while standing and walking it gets moved forward. I usually wear large shirts and longer coats to conceal any chance of printing.

·
Premium Member
16,168 Posts
IWB Theis Holster at about 4:00 position or Tauga IWB that I wear OWB at about the same position. They're both comfortable sitting or standing for me and conceal under a jacket or untucked shirt nicely. The Theis is tuckable as well for a more polished look.

·
17,577 Posts
I carry the TCP in a wallet holster in the back pocket of my Levi's, which I refer to as a "Butt Holster". Or I use a double slot belt holster if I'm wearing my Lee's, as they have a smaller rear pocket. IWB didn't work and I'm too cheap to buy new pants. I'd have to go to the husky guy store.

·
Registered
6,973 Posts
605 - IWB DeSantis® COZY PARTNER, or Don Hume® OWB J.I.T. Slide™ at 4 o'clock.
617 - OWB
Don Hume® J.I.T. Slide™ at 4 o'clock.
85 - Uncle Mike's #3 Pocket Holster.

·
Registered
593 Posts
mil pro 111 in a crossbreed at 4pm, or a 605 in a whitehat at 5pm, 709 in a whitehat at 4pm. i prefer my whitehat over the cross breed but both are IWB, although i need new work pants. they have gone past "a bit tight"

·
Super Moderator
21,440 Posts
Don Hume IWB or J.I.T

·
Registered
117 Posts
As one who is considered "vertically challenged" and "horizontally enhanced" (short & fat), I use the Bulldog pouch/holster on my belt for my TCP. It looks like a smart phone case. After carrying it for almost two years, no one has ever given it a second glance. Plus, it is easy and fast to access the TCP.

Reactions: pavehawk

·
Registered
3,000 Posts
I pocket carry in my front pocket

1 - 18 of 18 Posts