Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
hi i have a pt145 pro about 300rounds so far, problem sometimes the slide shuts after the last round, i wont send it back to taurus for this problem i can deal with it,no fte at all, i would like to know if this would be a quick fix? thanks for any info.

Administrator
I would take a close look at the mags. My PT111 is very particular about cleanliness. It does the same thing. As long as I can keep them squeaky clean, no problem. This will occur on mine at around 200 rounds. My PT145 hasen't had any problems so far. My Ruger will go a little longer, but dirt is the culprit, I know that. :fart:

Registered
If it isn't your mags, check your slide release button, odds are it is sticking out a bit and sometimes it is not engaging. Mine did it a few times when it was new. If this is the problem you can take your slide off and see if your release button moves side to side (play in it). If it isn't excessive you may be able to tweak the tit (no jokes please) towards the frame. You can of course you can send it off to Taurus or see if it the issue works itself out.

I clear sign of this problem would be some very small wear marks on the slide near the release button.

Administrator
DRAEGER said:
If it isn't your mags, check your slide release button, odds are it is sticking out a bit and sometimes it is not engaging. Mine did it a few times when it was new. If this is the problem you can take your slide off and see if your release button moves side to side (play in it). If it isn't excessive you may be able to tweak the tit (no jokes please) towards the frame. You can of course you can send it off to Taurus or see if it the issue works itself out.

I clear sign of this problem would be some very small wear marks on the slide near the release button.
Tweak the tit?

How lewd.

Just funnin'. Couldn't resist. :drool:

Registered
Discussion Starter #5
DRAEGER said:

Draeger i think your right whenever it happens the mag release button feels stiff, i will give it a try,thanks everyone

Registered
Discussion Starter #6
DRAEGER said:

i see the tit, what do you mean by tweak it? thanks.

Registered
The tweaking depends on exactly what the problem is. The little tit (god I wish I had a better word for it...) missing or not catching the slide is the more the result of the problem then the actual problem. With the slide off the frame, move the slide latch and see if there is much play in it. I am fairly sure there is, so what your going to do is push the latch up, place a small, very thin shim between the latch and the frame and gentle tap the "tit" a bit towards the frame (this is tweaking). It will not take much and the best tool is a small nail set or pin punch and a small hammer. You can lay the pistol on a bench or vise (padded) of you want, but use care and don't over do it.

As with anything, if your not comfortable doing this, don't! It may work itself in or you can send it to Taurus. Personally I would give it a good 250-500 rds or so before doing anything.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts