Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Super Moderator
35,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted a G3C and was waiting for one in stainless and for the prices to fall. Neither have occurred so I ordered one with the new black finish on the slide which is supposed to be more durable than the old G2 in Black when they first came out.

I have a PT 111 G2 of the first generation that does have the SS slide. I've been thinking of liquidating that gun since I'm not a fan of duplicate guns and it popped into my head that I might be able to swap slides...the stainless from the G2 onto the G3C and vice versa.

Your thoughts please?

·
Super Moderator
35,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
From a G2C to a G3C might work. Not sure about the Mill G2 - but its worth a try.

Thanks! I wonder if the G2 with the Black G3C slide would still be saleable?

·
Registered
98 Posts
I've tried it both ways between my G2c and G3c. The front of the slides are just different enough to keep it from working. G3c is on the left and G2c on right.

·
Super Moderator
35,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bummer...I guess I'll have to learn to live with the G3C in Black. How's that finish hold up to a kydex shell like the Alien Gear?

·
Registered
98 Posts
In the Alien Gear holster my G2c has a natural battle worn look as it's my main CC. Not sure about the G3c. I've sent it and the barrel out for black nitride. As soon as I receive it, I'll post some pics.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts