Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The disassembly instructions with photographs are quite nice. I had not trouble disassembling it for cleaning.

However, for a dummie like me, I believe there should be a reassembly set of instructions with photographs as well.

Cannot figure out how to get the slide stop back in.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Got it back in. Realized I had to somehow compress that little pin. I'm not quite sure how I did it, but I did. I'm sure there's some simple trick. Somebody teach me the trick.

A very good shooter was down here today (recently retired Tucson PD Detective) and I watched him shoot his Kimber. After a time I asked if he wanted to shoot my PT1911. Sure, he said. And he did. And shot tighter groups.

·
Registered
32 Posts
AZ605 wrote: Got it back in. Realized I had to somehow compress that little pin. I'm not quite sure how I did it, but I did. I'm sure there's some simple trick. Somebody teach me the trick.

;D Yes, one of the rites of passage with 1911s. Once you get the hang of it you'll wonder what the fuss was about. On my first 1911 the pin in the plunger tube must have been stuck. I had to depress it with a screwdriver a couple of times to break it (or the spring) loose. After that it just popped back in with a little upward pressure on the slidestop. No problems since then. Only managed to get a small idiot scratch. :D You would have died laughing watching me try to get the recoil spring back in. Thank heavens for the internet. As you said, taking it apart was easy. Putting it back together was the fun part. While it is not as easy as my PT92, I don't fear or dread it anymore. In fact, I have more 1911s than any other type of pistol. Good luck on your purchase.
edison

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Was up in Tucson yesterday visiting my ex-TPD detective friend whose sideline is gunsmithing. He made me insert the slide stop about fifty times (or so it seemed) and of course I finally got it right. Then had had me disassemble/reassemble the gun about ten times. Then we did the same with my Glock 17. Absolute piece of cake in comparison.

·
Super Moderator
21,792 Posts
Yep youv'e been Baptized

1 - 7 of 7 Posts