Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I shot my PT145 for the first time today. It shot great, a little low but at 60' under 3' pattern, off-hand. I just started to disassemble it and the slide is locked up hard. Mag is out, gun is empty. I pulled the slide back and removed the takedown pin. I got the slide forward to near battery as I pulled the trigger and about 1/8th" forward of battery and it's locked up hard as a rock. It won't move forward or back. Hmmmmm??? Any suggestions?

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
On my milpro's sometimes the slide comes off easy, sometimes I have to "motivate" it a little. Depends on the type of ammo I've shot and how well lubed it was.

Maybe a little stern "encouragement" is what it needs, outside of that I can't really help as I've never had any real issue taking my milpro's down.

Good luck

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The PT145 is headed back to Taurus this morning. I spoke with Louis in their customer service department. We tried the "push the trigger all the way forward" tactic only to break the plastic trigger as I spoke with him on the phone. Oh well, they'll fix that too. He emailed a FedEx label to me and I'll drop it off at the local FedEx location today.
I've seen glowing comments about Taurus customer service online and so far I am experiencing exactly that.
I'll let you know how it continues.

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
Well, good luck with the repair process now.

I'd like to know the culprit of the slide lock if you ever find out.

·
Registered
166 Posts
That is exactly what happened to me recently!! A little over 2 weeks and my gun was back home going BANG!! They will get it taken care of quickly!

·
Registered
191 Posts
As someone who recently purchased a PT145 (my first Taurus), I am so happy to hear that their customer service is so easy to deal with. My experiences with Ruger's CS have been mediocre.

·
Registered
11 Posts
CHUTER,
I had the same exact problem after 400+ rounds, called, sent back, it was returned in 10 days. I now acts Great, including much better trigger, I changed the sights to William Firesight. Hope you have it back by now,
Good Shooting,

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
Sorry to learn of your issues with your new PT145, but Taurus should take good care of you.:thumb:

·
Registered
239 Posts
I just had to send back my new 327 , They were great on the ph. Bad part is the 20 min wait to get some one. they told me 2-3 weeks . got the email today they recieved it and it said 4 weeks norm? Everything went smoothly FED X picked it up on their dime .New gun. all parties were very polite. Grips me to be with out my new toy , but stuff happens. the local shop said he's had a few problems over the yrs with the revolvers ,but not the semis .well the lasrlyte came for my 745 so guess i'll play with htat 'till the 327 comes home. ~~RR~~

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Got the PT145 back in under three weeks. It looks good and cycles the slide perfectly. The trigger was replaced. The service note also indicated they replaced both the front and rear sights because I mentioned it was hitting lower than the point of aim. Great service, nice they changed the sights but nothing in the service note discussed the slide lock up problem; the reason the gun went back to Taurus. I called them twice so far to find out what else they did to service the pistol. I was told someome would look into what was done and call me back. Haven't heard from them yet. I'll keep calling.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Got the fixed, only shooting max 55 yds :)
It works out , and draws questions at the range, " But that is only a 7 yd gun" In your dreams, the accuracy is there. Good Shooting with yours,
Jim

·
Registered
50 Posts
I shot my PT145 for the first time today. It shot great, a little low but at 60' under 3' pattern, off-hand. I just started to disassemble it and the slide is locked up hard. Mag is out, gun is empty. I pulled the slide back and removed the takedown pin. I got the slide forward to near battery as I pulled the trigger and about 1/8th" forward of battery and it's locked up hard as a rock. It won't move forward or back. Hmmmmm??? Any suggestions?
This is why they make rubber mallets.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts