Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have a buddy in Afghanistan and was thinking about getting him an custom Taurus PT100 when he comes home. He always told me he like engraved slides. I have a couple of questions before I go out and get this done.

Should it be blued frame or SS?
Would a PT100 look good with an engraved slide? (he wants words rather than art)
How much does it cost?
Laser engraving vs machine?

Thank you for the help

·
Registered
36,604 Posts
don't know how much help that i can offer but here goes!
first it doesn't matter whether its a stainless or blued weapon to my knowledge!
would it look good?
beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but what are you planning on doing with all the words/numbers that are on the slide now?
cost I would imagine would be depending on quality of the work, amount of work done and what the local going rate is, likely a fairly specialized smithing I would imagine?
I would also mention that you might want to check the Taurus website as i think the model 100 & 101 might be discontinued??

·
Registered
6,728 Posts
i KNOW PLACES LIKE "Things Remembered" do machine engraving, I don't know if they will do guns , but it might be worth checking out price wise.

·
Registered
15,646 Posts
I would also mention that you might want to check the Taurus website as i think the model 100 & 101 might be discontinued??
The 99 & 101 (adjustible rear sights) have been discontinued.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you,
As for the words and numbers, I was wondering if those could be removed? The reason I asked about blued vs stainless is how visible the words would be after the engraving. Most of the guns I see with engraving are on Stainless steel frames.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts