Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok gang, need some advice. Just shot my 24/7 45 4" for the first time. Gun is more accurate than me. however, one mag locks the slide back when mt and the other one doesnt. tried several reloads to make sure it want a fluke and the same mag had the problem every time. Any advice for a newbie?? :???:

·
Registered
514 Posts
You might have a damaged or faulty magazine follower (molded plastic piece the bullets sit on). There is supposed to be a ledge on the edge of this that pushes up on the slide lock when the last round ejects. Notice anything different between the two mag followers? You might also want to see if the slide locks when you rack it with an empty mag in...it should. If you only encounter this problem when shooting...I suppose it might be more complicated than this.

I'm sure there is someone more knowledgeable than I that can chime in. Good luck :thumb:

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Now I'm really confused, tried your suggestion and both mags lock the slide when racked by hand. Cant see any diff in the followers, wonder if maybe there is still some packing grease in the one mag that I missed when I cleaned it and that goo is causing the follower to hang just a little?? Hmmmm?

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
will do. my wife and I are both taking the CCW course this sat. gonna take this gun along with my PT99 just in case

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
WOO HOO passed CCW class, wife did also. slide had same problem with one mag not locking back when mt. other one worked fine. guess I'll tear it apart and clean it again and put another couple of hundred rounds through it before I call customer service. other than that the gun shot great and I noticed a couple of the instructors gathered aroun the table checking the gun out Un fortunately one of the instructors is a big Kimber fan but the other two were pretty open minded. I like and that is all that matters but I may have to buy another one (darn) my wife likes the .45 also

·
Registered
52 Posts
I just bought a new 24/7 and had the same problem. One mag locked back the slide after last round and one didn't. Looking at the 2 empty mags side by side from the front it appears on the bad one that the yellow follower doesn't push up as high by about 1/16". Telling me that the metal mag case is squished together tighter on the bad one not allowing the yellow follower to come up as high to catch the slide and you can visually see this on the part of the yellow follower that is suppose to catch the slide is down even with the metal mag case and the good mag it is up past the metal case by about 1/16". Lips of mag need to be CAREFULLY spread out a little to allow the yellow follower to slide up higher but still be able to hold the bullets from coming out the top of the mag I'm thinking, Rob

1 - 9 of 9 Posts