Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It seems like it catches the Slide Disassembly Latch when I turn the Latch downward to be pulled out. I needed a needle to push the spring down before i can pull out the Latch. is that normal?
Same thing when i need to push the Latch back in, I have to push down the spring.
:???:

·
Registered
57 Posts
swak,

Disassemble: Lock the slide back and rotate the latch down. Allow the slide to come forward against the pin and then lock it back again. This should force the lever away from the frame enough to grasp it and remove it with a twisting motion.

Assemble: Lock the slide back. Tilt the muzzle downward to make sure the barrel is forward. Insert the pin slightly with the semi-circle above the spring and push in while rotating the pin. It should slip past the spring and allow you to push it all the way in.

Hope this helps. :)

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I tried that method and it only allowed the latch to come out a lick, and then the spring mech at the bottom of the latch catches it. if i push down the spring, i have no problem removing the latch. just want to know if the catching of th espring is normal.
will try to show pics tonite.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts