Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So a while back I bought an sks with a seriously bad wood stock, mismatched parts, basically the mechanics were good and the aesthetics sucked. I’ve bubba’d the heck out of it and turned it into a pretty decent looking scout rifle.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,507 Posts
Nicely set up for home defense, as well....that 7.62x39 packs a wallop in a relatively short rifle.

·
Administrator
35,437 Posts
Very nice, I like what you've done. I've bubba-fied 2 SKS's and I hope I never get a hankering to do another. The first one was okay, but the second one was a cast-iron mother to get that pin out of the gas tube cover and I ended up buying a new gas tube cover assembly and just replacing the one I originally had. Works fine, I think the pin in that rifle was staked or something and that is by far the most difficult part about changing out the SKS stock for something else.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Yeah I have an extension and bought a nice looking little adjustable bipod for it too. Should be a fun plinker and EOTWAWKI/ self defense gun. I need to find a better mag for it, it came with a 30 steel mag which is ok, but doesn’t feed rounds well from my stripper clips. ( for some reason they go in fine, but the first round gets bound up and I have to remove the mag and reseat it to get it to feed right) Got a 5 rounder for hunting with it if I choose too. It came with the internal mag already removed, but I might consider going back to an extended internal mag, haven’t decided yet.

Base rifle was from my best estimate is a 1969 imported Chinese sks, stock is a tapco intafuse stock with a utg front quad rail hand guard. I forward mounted a Barska illuminated reticle long eye relief scope and pictured on the under side is the generic light and laser hard grip I mounted on it. Only complaint is it is a little front heavy which helps with recoil for repeat shots, but it gets a little tiring lol. I also made my own para cord 3 point sling that seems pretty nice, but I might have made it a little long.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts