Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Administrator
35,532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At Sand Lake 2014, LoneStarJake's friend Jake was shooting an H&R 45-70 with these Skinner sights. I was really impressed with how easy it was to acquire the target and make good hits. So, I've been meaning to get a set for my Marlin 30-30, and I finally pulled the trigger.

I went with the brass sight - I thought it looked great and goes well with my brass trigger. The sight I ordered came with two apertures, and I will probably buy the rest of the apertures as well - they're priced pretty reasonably.

Sorry for the very dirty gun in the pics, I haven't cleaned my Marlin from Sand Lake residue yet. :D

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
I want a set for my Westernfield (Marlin) made in 1969!

Reactions: texastaurusguy

·
Banned
860 Posts
Go for the biggest one available. When I was shooting the M1 for Marksmanship we took the aperture out of the holder and shot it without one by using the the threaded holder as the rear sight. What we found to be true was the eye automatically centers the front sight in the rear hole. The larger hole made for faster sight pictures and was just as accurate as any of the smaller apertures.

·
Registered
9,585 Posts
COOL!! I got Skinner sights for my Rossi 22LR single shot. Gret product,great company! Enjoy! thanks for posting the beautiful brass sight!

Reactions: texastaurusguy

·
Administrator
35,532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Go for the biggest one available. When I was shooting the M1 for Marksmanship we took the aperture out of the holder and shot it without one by using the the threaded holder as the rear sight. What we found to be true was the eye automatically centers the front sight in the rear hole. The larger hole made for faster sight pictures and was just as accurate as any of the smaller apertures.
Yes, they advertise the removal of the aperture completely as a "ghost ring" sight, or low light sight.

I can't wait to get this rifle to the range to test it out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts