Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,464 Posts
Well I try to stay aware and I generally am when going into a convenience store or gas station.....but at some places, I must admit I find that I could have more situational awareness.

·
Registered
15,646 Posts
I can't stand all the ads pasted on the doors. I like to look into the store before entering.

·
Super Moderator
40,514 Posts
Absolutely no awareness with either one. Just another reason to always carry.

Reactions: Longslide

·
Premium Member
16,955 Posts
I keep my neck on a swivel....

·
Registered
29,765 Posts
Thats funny! I see all to many people like that facebooker! :D :D :D

·
Registered
278 Posts
Always on the swivel. Whether I'm driving, grocery shopping, etc. Being aware of my surroundings has kept me out of bad situations, and prepared me for ones I couldn't get out of right away. Wish more people would pay attention to what is going on around them instead of what is going on in their facebook world.

·
Registered
2,554 Posts
Mines not as sharp as it should be but as I enter a small store, especially a convenience store I make a quick scan before I enter. Making sure there's nothing suspicious going on at the registers, then a more thorough scan when I enter. I always go to the far end of the store and work my way back to the registers getting what I need on the way.
I think I'm pretty on top of it at small stores. Where I lack awareness is at the bigger stores, I feel like I'm getting better though.

·
Registered
5,979 Posts
I am always scanning, sitting near an exit, facing the door, sitting on the outside part of the seat in a booth, etc. I was even doing it this afternoon while my girls were doing soccer tryouts for a youth league at a local church. I saw a guy wearing clothes that didn't fit the weather and he had a back pack. Couple that with the fact he was walking by himself and I began to watch him. It turns out he was just another dad and he was catching up with his family.

My wife thinks I am crazy because I won't get into our vehicle until everyone else has so that I can stay alert and ready to respond to anything. These are not stressful moments, just being prepared. I avoid convenient stores, malls, etc. as much as possible. I still do not feel prepared enough or like I have enough SA. I see that as a good thing.

I always like reading and seeing stories of how people were surprised so that I can learn from them. My cell phone and especially Facebook will never be a worry.

·
Registered
4,736 Posts
Continuously trying to train my mind to be more aware. Our world is simply getting crazier by the day and I need to know what is going on around me.

·
Registered
19,167 Posts
Keep your eyes open and always carry... Be safe my friends..

1 - 14 of 14 Posts