Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does any one have one? I like NEF's single shots, never had much desire for a Rossi. However if they're well made and accurate how could one go wrong at these prices for a beater gun. CDNN has lr's for $59.99 blue, $79.99 stainless, mags for $89.99 in stainless.

·
Super Moderator
34,953 Posts
http://www.galleryofguns.com/shootingtimes/articles/DisplayArticles.asp?ID=759

Friend of mine bought this for his kid, a combo with a .410/.22 barrel. I was impressed. The stainless one would be even MORE impressive to me. I like rugged stainless guns. The .22 shoots as well as my 10/22 for accuracy and the trigger is better than either of the two NEF shotguns I've bought for my kid. I bought one for her, it got ripped off and had to get her a new one. I got a gunsmith to lighten the trigger on both of 'em cause they were so stiff the kid couldn't break the trigger. The little Rossi does not have this malady.

·
Registered
264 Posts
My favorite gun right now is an old Ithaca model 49 single shot. These things turn up at gun shows from time to time and can be had cheap. I paid $40 for mine at a show in Dallas in 84 or so. I think Mossberg made a single shot bolt action at one time. The NEF's are nice guns too.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Thanks for the info guys. I would like to get one of these in the 20ga/.22 combo for plinking and to teach the youngsters how to shoot. Nice to hear they have a decent trigger and sights.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts