Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think one of the things I really like about the 24/7 is that the platform seems to be totally consistent. My 9mm is the same size and feel as my .45. Both fit in the same Comp-Tac holster, except for the ribber-nonribber thing, they're identical.

Why can't every gun maker do that across calibers?

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
I don't know either. It seems like a good idea to me. Also it keeps Taurus's manufacturing costs down and they pass that to us.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Because they are all in with holster makers and if they made all guns the same size then people would only need one holster. Not sure, but that sounds like a good answer. Welcome aboard from Colorado Springs.

·
Premium Member
15,931 Posts
afrats said:
Because they are all in with holster makers and if they made all guns the same size then people would only need one holster. Not sure, but that sounds like a good answer. Welcome aboard from Colorado Springs.
Yeah, I agree about that! Try to find a holster for a 6 rd Snubby, with a frame size, RJ, (which I have finally figured out means a Rossi J), but then find out the Frame and trigger guard are a different size than a normal J frame. Have not had that kind of problem with the PT's and actually not that bad with the JUDGE. 24/7's got to be a dream except for the long slide they should all fit the same holsters.

·
Registered
280 Posts
You are right about that because there are a lot of holsters that fit the 24/7. I have three that fit like a dream and all were fairly cheap. I am now in the market for a nice leather OWB conceal holster.

·
Registered
620 Posts
I think it has more to do with smart manufacturing, why make molds & slides any different than you have to. Just smart engineering. David

1 - 8 of 8 Posts