Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Over the past couple of years I have been trading/selling off most of my 1911's. My hand/wrist action has trouble with many of them, racking the action (age) so I am down to a few semi autos that I can handle like my double action 945's.
Well I came across a real bargain recently and had to get it to put a new 1911 back on the rack... Silver and black slide, black frame, and a pair of my own "Jefe"grips added as soon as I got it home. $500 OTD cash new in the box from a dealer auction with all tax and xfer included. I am happy with this one..

·
Registered
4,745 Posts
Congrats on a fine looking pistol. Like those grips. Hurry, you might be able to buy those others back without too much of a price increase. Here you go again. :D

·
Registered
29,765 Posts
Nice new 1911! I like it!

·
Registered
36,334 Posts
AHHH-- congrats!
its a Pt1911DT-(Duo-tone) my favorite finish by the way.
Springfield made a combat that was the same except a much better finish and it to is a knockout, about 200 buck more than the Pt1911DT.
enjoy

Attachments

·
Registered
24,616 Posts
Congrats on a fine 1911.

·
Registered
21,111 Posts
You're the boss...

·
10,379 Posts
Good choice! My 1911DT is hands down my favorite pistol.

·
Banned
15,276 Posts
cat congrats 2.jpg

That looks nice indeed!

·
Registered
15,646 Posts
Congratulations on your new pistol.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Great looking 1911. Outstanding grips. That will be the next addition to my recently purchased 1911.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
I really did trim down the 1911 collection. 4 Colts 2 Smiths a Caspian, a couple of the cheap Turkish Buds imports & 4 Para's are gone. Kept a Rock ,a Taurus, and my doubles...Frankly I carry and shoot the Taurus 945's more than the 1911s now, They are easier on my hands and I seem to be a better shot with them than any of the 1911's. BTW Those 1911s that left brought me some nice additions to the armory in other areas. (M1A)

I had a few sets made..EL MAYOR didn't fit the grip,
So EL JEFE is the next best title I can use !!!

Reactions: CJS3

·
Super Moderator
40,518 Posts
Nice, I would like to find a PT-1911 DT in 9mm with factory wood bull grips.

·
Registered
36,334 Posts
Nice, I would like to find a PT-1911 DT in 9mm with factory wood bull grips.
Don't think they ever offered the DT in 9 MM, neither did they offer the AL in anything except 45 acp to my knowledge.

Reactions: Fishinkeylargo

·
Registered
7,823 Posts
Congrats on your new pt-1911.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts