Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey everyone...i bought a Taurus PT140 Millennium Pro a couple years back and have had a problem ever since I bought the gun but have never gotten around to getting it fixed. when i pull back the slide, i can not press the slide release lever without EXTREME pressure. usually it takes both thumbs and i break a sweat just to get the lever to release. anyone who has suggestions, fire away because i'm ready to just throw the piece in the trash. :mad: :mad: :mad:

-chuck976

·
Moderator Emeritus, with us always.
15,931 Posts
Have you tried racking the slide a bit, to see if it releases, or do you always use the lever? I assume you have lubed the area, so if anyone else has an Idea, they will pop in soon I am sure.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Well a bit of gun grease where the lever engages at the slide may help you.
Gun grease is the autoloaders friend.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks guys. i'll try some grease and let you know how it goes. i'm not sure if it'll work thought because it is so damn hard to release i think there might be an internal problem if that can even happen.

·
Registered
509 Posts
chuck976 said:
thanks guys. i'll try some grease and let you know how it goes. i'm not sure if it'll work thought because it is so damn hard to release i think there might be an internal problem if that can even happen.
It can happen, but then, if you file it down, as the gun breaks in, it may not lock, then what?
Try the grease and do some finger exercises other then flipping the bird to the peeps that cut ya off ! :ROTFL:

·
Administrator
36,015 Posts
How many rounds have you put through the gun? Sometimes, problems like that just go away after 300-400 rounds or so.

·
Registered
20 Posts
My PT140 started out like that and has been commented on "Holy hell the release is extreme on this" To help strengthen my wrist and hands i have been squeezing a tennis ball for a few weeks it helps. also i am pretty positive after 250 rounds and during my dry fires it has eased up a bit. During my last outing last friday i was able to get it to release many times with less effort

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.