Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Help the brits get short barrelled hand guns in .22 cal without arm brace etc, go to

Reclassify .22 pistols as Section 1 - e-petitions

please help us and sign up for use, your help would be most helpfull.

You can only sign if you hold a british passport and have a address in uk

cheers chris

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers Robby, i hope you are the first of many.

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
Hi Melter68, I have signed a petition may be the same one, I'm not sure. I do know there are a few petitions like this and the problem is that we need to get all of the UK shooters to sign the same one.

We need 100,000 signatures to get this debated and unless something like the NRA get behind it I don't think it will get off the ground.

I'm also pretty sure that only UK citizens can sign.....

·
Registered
2,941 Posts
We need 100,000 signatures to get this debated and unless something like the NRA get behind it I don't think it will get off the ground.
I'm also pretty sure that only UK citizens can sign.....
Yup, I attempted to sign it but couldn’t complete it because I’m not a UK citizen. Oh well, you have my support and I’m sure everyone on this forum is hoping the effort is successful. You have until August, so I think you have a good shot at hitting the 100,000 mark.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Just signed , I can't believe that just because some nutter goes mad with a gun everyone is penalised.Yeah you have to be a UK citizen to sign. Thank God N.Ireland still has common sense laws in that regard. In fact as of December if I have a firearms licensing grant of rifle or pistol on my FAC I can now buy like for like over the counter at any registered dealer and they do the paperwork there and then just the same as shotguns have been here now for the past few years. Good luck with the petition.

·
Registered
509 Posts
As it has already been said. theres been loads of these. There was one advertised in gunmart for months. The last one ran for a year and only got 22,000 signatures. You need 100,000 just for them to look at it. Unless all uk organisations get behind each other it wont happen. You really need the likes of BASC, UK NRA, NSRA, Target shooters association, UKPSA all to band together to promote one pertition. However it is unlikley as they all have diffrent ideas of what they would like and diffrent organisational inferstructures. One day mabe

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
Wish I could have signed but unfortunately being an American citizen was precluded. Keep fighting the good fight guys and I'm sure you'll get those 100,000 needed signatures.

·
Registered
3,227 Posts
I say we do an even trade, let you guys have all our gun grabbers and we get all your gun "nuts". I'd go for that. We can prolly do a decent shepherds pie and fish and chips over here... and we have plenty of tea. you guys will have to make your own damn black pudding though =P

·
Premium Member
16,168 Posts
Would if I could. Good luck with getting the 100,000 signatures required.

Do you have an organization like the NRA in England?

Reactions: scrabtree6

·
Registered
3,227 Posts
Would if I could. Good luck with getting the 100,000 signatures required.

Do you have an organization like the NRA in England?
Good point I mean we can't sign but if you guys have a pro gun group we can donate some money while our dollars are still worth something =P

Reactions: btleslie

·
Registered
34,139 Posts
I don't suppose holding an Irish Passport would get me a vote eh?

·
22,050 Posts
What y'all need is a little thing called Liberty. I hope you get it but don't get too used to it.

The idiots here don't appreciate it and are slowly giving it away.

·
Super Moderator
36,423 Posts
Unless all uk organisations get behind each other it wont happen. You really need the likes of BASC, UK NRA, NSRA, Target shooters association, UKPSA all to band together to promote one pertition. However it is unlikley as they all have diffrent ideas of what they would like and diffrent organisational inferstructures. One day mabe
Sounds like the way (as I understand it) the same way that you folks lost your rights. The shotgunners and rifle guys stood by while handguns were banned as it didn't concern them, then the shotgunners watched the rifle rights go away because it didn't affect their manner of shooting. Divide and conquer is a tried and true playbook for centuries. To reverse it, all of the various disciplines will need to support one another and regain those liberties one at a time, step by step. Best wishes for a string of small victories which add up.

Reactions: btleslie

·
Registered
29,773 Posts
Good luck!

I'd sign if I could, but my family left in the late 1600's! :D

It's hard to gain back lost liberty, but worth the struggle!

·
Registered
612 Posts
how about 100k posts ? we can do that

·
Premium Member
16,168 Posts
Just read on UK-NRA's site that these E-Petitions can be created to force parliment to debate an issue. If this goes well I'd encourage you to get more started.

·
Premium Member
16,955 Posts
Good luck in your endeavor, we certainly hope that you persevere.....

1.1 USA.gif

·
Registered
81 Posts
This is a little piece of liberty worth the fight. Best of luck to you.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts