Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
Great! How did you feel about the trigger over the session? You must have thought it needed improvement as another of your posts said you ordered a new trigger spring....

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Great! How did you feel about the trigger over the session? You must have thought it needed improvement as another of your posts said you ordered a new trigger spring....
Trigger was definitely heavier. Kinda like shooting my old SW 66 wheel gun. However it was consistent and worked great. That trigger pull on the TCP is pretty similar as it is long as well. I know that if I had to use it in a real life situation muscle memory is kicking in and I wouldn't even notice it. With that said, I couldn't pass up on the spring and thought I would try it. I want to do some IDPA and lighter would be better for that. 8 lbs is what my glocks are/were at due to dept policy so that would make it more similar. I just gotta make sure I don't screw it up changing the spring..

·
Registered
2,941 Posts
I just gotta make sure I don't screw it up changing the spring..
I doubt that you will screw anything up by changing out the sear spring and not the striker pin. If so, you can always revert back to the old spring(s).

I changed mine out, fired over 400 rounds thru it and have not experienced any problems, so far.

While you’re at it, polish all metal to metal contact points. Could help a little bit more.

My 9ve is much more enjoyable to shoot and I can truthfully say my accuracy has improved.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The spring came today. Easy fix. I'll hopefully hit range tomorrow to check it out. Seemed lighter> does have the disclaimer for comp use. Won't be a duty weapon so that is ok as long as I know if feeds what I put into it.

·
Registered
3,984 Posts
Im thinking about a Sigma in 40 S&W i had one a few years back ..loaned to a friend to use for a carry permit class ..he talked me out of it....
i really like the Sigma...trigger seemed to improve after 500 or so rounds..... Even though I like Glocks and have a G20 (love it) I really just want a reliable carry 40 S&W that I don't care to carry and bang up...at 500.00 and up for a G23 (thats a price of a S&W 66 ) i just can't see that....knowing the Sigma is just as reliable ,and the Sigma is a natural pointer.... I had a SIG PRO and just didn't like it..mushy trigger and decocker....just didn't feel right....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts