Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a new 24/7 Pro 9MM and I dont like the heine sights. I want to get some of the Williams FireSights put on it. My question is this I have an AimShot Laser sight on it thats pretty dialed in and I'm pretty much gonna hit in the vicinity of where I point it( up to a certain range I know). With the laser sight on there should I just save the 46 bucks and by more ammo or should I go ahead and get the firesights for the heck of it?

Thanks guys

·
Registered
25 Posts
I just ordered the fire sights should be here today and i also was thinking about getting a laser for it as well.Only reason i bought the fire sights is because i dont like the heine either. Laser sights are neet but i'd much rather have a fixed sight just incase plus lasers are cheating alittle :p

·
Registered
19 Posts
I heard the guy from Crimson Trace on Tom Gresham's Guntalk recently say, that they were working on puting something together for the 24/7
taurusdude57 said:
i just wish that crimson trace would make one for the taurus semi auto

·
Registered
296 Posts
Lasers run on batteries and Murphy's law says..................

Fire sights are the least expensive option that gives you the standard 2 dots rear sight.

Your call. ;D

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
I love my williams sights, great sight for the money, if you prefer all one color call williams directly and they can make them all red or all green for the same price as the red/green combo

heres mine in all green

And my older non pro with red/green that I got from CTD for 30 bucks (still williams)

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Those look great !!! Whats the part # on those I know they fit the 24/7 pro but I dont know which part # to get. Thanks

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
I dont know the part number but you can call williams and they will give it to you, just tell them you are looking for the ones with the dove tail

·
Administrator
35,575 Posts
Dose said:
Laser sights are neet but i'd much rather have a fixed sight just incase plus lasers are cheating alittle :p
Hmmm....you make it sound like the fight should be fair.....theres an old saying in the military, "Fair means all of my guys come home alive....f*#[email protected] the others."

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'll call Williams today. Thanks

I agree with the above comment. I went to the range this past saturday and got the laser dialed in and POI is right where I point it. I just dont want to take any chances. Imagine the look on a perps face when he bust in to your house and your at the end of the hall with a laser dialed in on him. The last thing on his mind is "this guy is gonna miss". By the time he thinks that it'll probably all be over with anyways.

·
Super Moderator
21,729 Posts
The laser also shows the bad guy where you are, so if you do miss like in he moves. You no longer have that as a secret anymore. Gun mounted Lasers and lights are for SWAT and soldiers who have back up behind them. Good night sites can not be replaced. :) in my humble opinion BG don't stand still and have done this before they know what they are doing. they are not deer in the headlights kind of prey! :)

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
I have two pistols w/lasers and the only way I use the lasers is dry-firing around the house. I just do it to improve reaction time. I'd never use them in a self-defense situation and give my position away. Good night sights for me.

Bought one little laser for my PT 145 from Sportman's Guide for 30 bucks or so and it's actually pretty accurate at the range. Fits nicely on rail. Trouble is, I have to take it off to "carry" in holster (then readjust later).

smit

·
Administrator
35,575 Posts
I'm right there with ya smithlock, I just want sights that I can see in the dark. Daylight is generally no problem. I'm going to buy some Heinie tritium night sights for my Mil Pro, then someday I'll probably get some for my 24/7. They come in the straight-eight or 3-dot configuration, the 3-dot is about $10 more.

·
Super Moderator
21,729 Posts
I agree smithlock laser are great for training. But in my opinion and only my opinion light and laser are for SWAT and soldiers that have back ups otherwise you are out there alone and just showed your hand. I've got caught up in gadgetitus before and know you want everything you can get to help in a shoot out but I guess I'm just old school. I know they show the guy on the ground with the laser ove rthe BG heart but if you spend a little time on the ground you'll do just fine if not better because you have been there before. train ,train train on your back or your butt shoot from the hip at close range weaver does you no good at contact range. watch your weak hand position don't shoot yourself. This post is ment for beginners not some of us seasoned guys. As there is training avalible that will despute this post.

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Yeah, I keep going back to look at those Heinie trits for my PT 145, hoping somebody will beat their price with a comparable product. I'm no gadget freak either. I do have a Surefire lithium to match each loaded weapon on each floor of the house. These things give out lots of lumens when a threat is close and give you exact recognition of potential risks.

I always have to remember that my grown kids have keys to my house for emergencies. Please be safe.

smit

1 - 19 of 19 Posts