Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I recently purchased my first handgun it will be a home defense gun as well as a sportsman target gun. I was considering changing the sights to the Heinie straight 8 night sights( in the event I need to use the gun in the middle of the night -no light at home ). or the insight m6x tactical light w/laser. what do you all think? The insight m6x has a quick attach feature, so I would not need to worry about a permenant mounted light/laser to conflict with a holster when I go to the range.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
I would recomend the night sights. I hate lazers and thats a long conversation so dont get me started. The flash light would be ok but it gives away your possition when someone is in your house and sees it shinning around in the other room. It would also get old putting it on at night and taking it off when you carry it and on and off and on and off and well you get the idea ;) just my 2 cents

·
Registered
4,084 Posts
Get several of those small nite-lights from your local hardware store and plug them into wall sockets that are near the floor. They will give enough light to identify a potential target. Never shoot unless you positively know what you are shooting at.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts