Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the front and rear sight on my pt92-af are getting harder and harder to see due to powder residue id imagine, tried cleaning/picking at them with a toothpick and didnt have much luck getting them to shine up a bit. anyone know some easy replacement sights or a good way to clean em out?

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
hmm cant say i've had a problem with powder on my sights on the 92..

not sure what to suggest.. hoppes would probably clean them up but also take the paint that makes up the dots.

you could always use some nail polish to replace the dots..

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
how you guys getting powder on your sights hey, you guys not shooting sideways are you? ( just kidding) you guys might want to try those nitesiters, they are glow in the dark dots you place over the exsisting dots.click o the banner above hope this helps

·
Registered
22 Posts
The last time I went shooting, I was using WWB FMJ. It seemed like they where exceptionally smokey and dirty. I normally use this ammo for plinking because of it's price and reliability. I have never noticed WWB to be so dirty before. I think this contributed to my dirty sights. I spent some time cleaning them, and got them to brighten up some, but not as much as I was hoping for. Thanks for the help orlandodriver!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts