Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've seen some info regarding replacements for the Heinie sights on some Taurus guns. Will any of these fit in the 1911 or can you recommend some that do?? I don't know if it's my beginner shooting skills or the sights on my 1911, but I want to inform myself of some good replacement sights should I decide to go that route and swap them out. Thanks guys!

·
Premium Member
785 Posts
I know the 24/7 and the MilPro use exactly the same sights. Looking at the PT1911, I look like the same. If someone could measure the width of the dovetail... rear and front... it would be infinitely helpful. IF the front is .300 in width and the rear is .370... then it is the same as the rest of the MilPro-24/7 sights... and the Wilson Combat will work.

2007-06-21

I have looked closely at the skematics of the PT1911... and there is a "spacer" for both the front and rear of the PT1911 sights. This would lead me to guess that the dovetail on the pistol is slightly larger than the Heinie sights. One would have to "mic" the opennings and then select the best options available.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts