Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a new 24/7 G2 compact last month haven't had any time to sight it in yet and I was wondering if anyone has used one of the lazer bore sighters to get the sites lined up and then fire a few rounds off to see how accurate the bore sighting is? I think it would be a cheaper way to site in a gun instead of throwing bullets down range and not being able to find replacement ammo.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have the 24/7 full size I bought a couple months back and it was dead on right out the box. I have only used the laser bore sight on a rifle, not sure how well they work on handguns. If it is not dead on out the box, it shouldnt take more than a box of bullets to get it there!!

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
I use laser bore sighters usually after I change out sights on a pistol or mounting a scope on a rifle. They work pretty well for getting the gun to hit paper right off, then it's a case of fine tuning but usually that doesn't take more than a few shots from a rest.

The only thing that I'd mention is that the laser beam goes absolutely straight out of the bore and the point of impact of the bullet will be different because of the height difference between the bore and the sights. So, you have to be aware of the distance that you sight it in at and realize where the bullet will strike inside that distance and beyond that distance because they're not parallel to one another.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts