Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i asked taurus for a new front sight for my g2c, they sent one that says is for a pt709. i put it up next to the g2c sight and it looks like the pt709 sight is not as tall, it's the same length and width as far as I can tell, my eyes aren't as good as they used to be so I may not be looking at it right.. oh i requested the sight because I let the gun slip in my hands and before i could catch it the front sight hit a shelf edge and messed it up a little. anyone that owns both, can you tell me if they are the same size? thanks

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
i asked taurus for a new front sight for my g2c, they sent one that says is for a pt709. i put it up next to the g2c sight and it looks like the pt709 sight is not as tall, it's the same length and width as far as I can tell, my eyes aren't as good as they used to be so I may not be looking at it right.. oh i requested the sight because I let the gun slip in my hands and before i could catch it the front sight hit a shelf edge and messed it up a little. anyone that owns both, can you tell me if they are the same size? thanks
well i went to taurus.com thinking i would eave a message but chat was still open, they told me that they are the same size. so i guess my eyes are off, wish i could get a new pair of those.

·
Registered
18,376 Posts
I hope the new sight works out.

As for dropping the pistol, I have always been told to let it drop, don't try to catch it. That's exactly when the "accidental" discharge will happen. In any event it certainly does open a lot of doors for putting a finger someplace on the gun it doesn't belong.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I hope the new sight works out.

As for dropping the pistol, I have always been told to let it drop, don't try to catch it. That's exactly when the "accidental" discharge will happen. In any event it certainly does open a lot of doors for putting a finger someplace on the gun it doesn't belong.
I was in the process of cleaning it and it was unloaded, i did catch it before it hit the floor but did bump the shelf. will try the sight one day soon as i have another g2c that i carry, this was just bought as an extra. thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts