Taurus Firearm Forum banner

Sight Replacement

2K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  MoReloader 
I have a Hi-Power and I ordered a set of Hi-Power adjustable rear sights for my PT145 because they looked visually pretty close.

The sight was a little wide at the bottom and stood up above the PT145 slide... so I too a flat file and just started working the bottom of the sight. After the first 100 strokes, I would stop and try to see how it was fitting both in dovetail and in height. I put another 100 strokes, stopping after each 25 to check. When I finished, it fit tight and flush. I perhaps might have stopped at 175 and just tapped it in, but looked pretty nice. The only problem was that the front sight caused the gun to shoot high and not having a replacement I was stuck, so I put the Heine sight back on.

Having the trijicons (front and back) they should work together just fine! Let us know how this works out... an awfully lot of guys are looking for alternative sights for the Taurus.

PS... If you can, measure the original sights when you have them removed. I think they are the same... they look the same... but good measurements would help the task along!

MoReloader said:
Sights on.

The front has to be shimmed slightly on bottom or back. I chose the back because I wanted the gun to hit point of aim.
Alright MoReloader!

You are the first poster who has done both. How did you shim the front sight? Please explain or post a pic. How long did it take?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.