Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Super Moderator
36,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Either this shows that all manufacturers can screw up...or that some transportation cop couldn't keep their booger hook off the bang switch. Sounds like Sig is leaning towards the latter occurrence. I hope so since I bought one of these just a few weeks ago and like it a lot.

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2019/09/18/septa-p320/

·
Registered
273 Posts
If I remember right that I read a couple of days ago where the officer was terminated ???

HMMMM-- instead of pocket pool he was playing with the trigger ???

Is that officer going to get "red flaged "

·
Registered
5,268 Posts
I bought one 6 months ago, and it has 6 or 700 rounds through it, including rounds fired by my 4-H kids - steel challenge as well as precision bulls eye. I've found no problems with the gun. I have not tried to fire it with the safety on, and have not carried it concealed or open. However the gun has performed to my expectations (which in the case of youth shooting sports, are very, very high).

Reactions: Czechbikr

·
Registered
36,305 Posts
Either this shows that all manufacturers can screw up...or that some transportation cop couldn't keep their booger hook off the bang switch. Sounds like Sig is leaning towards the latter occurrence. I hope so since I bought one of these just a few weeks ago and like it a lot.
Yea!
a Douglasville cop just accidentally shot a person being arrested by a State Patrol officer a few days back.
the State patrol made a traffic stop I understand and found meth and was arresting the driver.
don't you hate it when your GLOCK just goes off?
almost as bad as those evil black rifles that just decide to kill people on their own.
its beginning to be very hard to keep up with all the shooting here lately, I think I need to divide my total into Police shootings and regular people shootings?

Reactions: Divebum

·
Registered
36,305 Posts
sounds like an accidental discharge of the weapon. That is with nothing more to go on.
negligent??--- discharge???

Reactions: pegasus

·
Super Moderator
36,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yea!
a Douglasville cop just accidentally shot a person being arrested by a State Patrol officer a few days back.
the State patrol made a traffic stop I understand and found meth and was arresting the driver.
don't you hate it when your GLOCK just goes off?
almost as bad as those evil black rifles that just decide to kill people on their own.
its beginning to be very hard to keep up with all the shooting here lately, I think I need to divide my total into Police shootings and regular people shootings?
That's what made me scratch my head...they are immediately changing from the P320 to GLOCK...?? If their training doesn't get better they had better order Kevlar long johns for their staff.

·
Supporting Moderator
5,350 Posts
Not just a Brazilian gun manufacturer I see, I didn't believe the crap thrown at Taurus, and I don't believe this
idiot ether..........................
We are in a lawsuit happy world now, and when it involves guns you can bet the companies are not going too
fair well in a suit!
When people are no longer accountable for their actions, it's always somebody else fault...................

·
Registered
502 Posts
That's what made me scratch my head...they are immediately changing from the P320 to GLOCK...?? If their training doesn't get better they had better order Kevlar long johns for their staff.
Here's the latest vendor that has offered a buy back / upgrade program.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
13,068 Posts
If it is true that the gun discharged while in the holster, and that's a big IF in my book, I am more apt to blame the condition of the holster.

·
22,017 Posts
Un-intentional operation of the firing mechanism due to
lack of attention of proper handling of the projectile dispensing
unit.

·
Premium Member
13,068 Posts
Un-intentional operation of the firing mechanism due to
lack of attention of proper handling of the projectile dispensing
unit.
In other words, he couldn't keep his boogie picker off the trigger!

·
Registered
36,305 Posts

he-he-he, yea I made the comment after many others had posted replies on face book and my post was simply TRAINING ISSUE!
I could smell the smoke coming out of the talking heads that were spouting off about all OTHER concerns!
I go back to the Fireman that kicks in the front door before checking to see if its locked, the firemen that place a hose line in a hole that has burned through the roof, and many other things--all training issues!

·
Registered
36,305 Posts
If it is true that the gun discharged while in the holster, and that's a big IF in my book, I am more apt to blame the condition of the holster.
Exactly why I never buy a holster that has fingers built into the inside!!!

·
Registered
5,268 Posts
Reactions: olfarhors
1 - 18 of 18 Posts