Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Kicking the idea around of picking up a Sig Sauer P 320 Sub Compact, 9mm, 12+1 from Brownells. They have it on sale for $399 + shipping.

Thoughts?????

Reactions: Panda and PT99AF

·
Registered
20,085 Posts
Imho - the whole 320 line is Aces.
If you are looking for an accurate, striker fired, modular pistol system with great accessories and support - that should fit the bill.
This from a current and long time Glock fan.

*I bought the 365 as well

** mags are a bit on the pricey side...

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If you are looking for an accurate, striker fired, modular pistol system with great accessories and support - that should fit the bill.

sig has a voluntary recall if you get one without the trigger upgrade. Should I get one of those, I understand their turnaround time is about 3 weeks and that is very liveable.

Will probably sell both the G2C and PT-111 G2 when I get the sig.

Thanks for the input.

Ed

Reactions: olfarhors

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
Meh. I've played with two, both had poor triggers. Both were listing for around 600 at the time. For the size difference and crappy trigger, I'll stick with the 320 SC.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Our son is a probation officer in Calif and the 320 is his issue gun. In spite of several "early on" recalls, he has no complaints.

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
I've the P320C and P320C RX. Both are excellent and shoot great and that was before the trigger upgrade. Since the upgrade, I like them more.

In tgmg01 picture that is the old trigger. The new trigger is slimmer and all the new models have the new trigger. Both of mine have been great and thousands of rounds down range. A little bulkier than a Glock 19, but I'm more accurate with the P320C.

I'd say, "DO IT!", but you might be happier with the C over the SC. The grip frame for the SC will work with the C model. All you need to do is buy one magazine for the SC frame and use the 15 rounder for back up.

Before I forget, the SC might soon be discontinued due to poor sales if it hasn't been already. So look at the trigger, it might be new/old stock.

Maloy

·
Registered
20,085 Posts
Meh. I've played with two, both had poor triggers. Both were listing for around 600 at the time. For the size difference and crappy trigger, I'll stick with the 320 SC.
Can you define ‘poor’ triggers??

Isn’t the 320 SC what the OP is talking about??

*confused

Reactions: EdinGeorgia

·
Registered
824 Posts
I just don't think you can go wrong with the Sig P320. Here are a few observations: Shooting is excellent. The Caliber X-change kits can get the right size and fit and caliber, but those kits cost more than a gun like a G2C. I have a Ruger SR9c and it is about the size of the P320 subcompact. No reason to ditch the Ruger because it is a different kind of flexible even compared to the P320.

AS to the trigger and voluntary upgrade, I chose to do the upgrade, if anything to maintain its value if I ever lose my mind and try to sell it.

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Can you define ‘poor’ triggers??

Isn’t the 320 SC what the OP is talking about??

*confused
Yes, it is the 320SC that I'm considering.

Reactions: 57K

·
Registered
216 Posts
I like my 320 but field-strip is a bitch due to the very stiff takedown lever. Rants all over You Tube. Sig offers no fix. I have to use the bottom of a toothbrush to rotate the lever. Least Sig could do is provide a toothbrush with the gun.

·
Premium Member
8,350 Posts
^^^^^^^. My only gripe as well. ^^^^^^^^

·
Registered
5,485 Posts

Just bought the M17 version a couple of months ago. I don't have many rounds down range yet - about 200 - but so far it seems mechanically a great gun. Like Mingaa says, the mags are a tad on the high side. I can't speak for the sub compact veresion; matter of fact I didn't realize that Sig made a sub compact version. But so far, I'm pretty impressed with the gun. Fit and finish is quite good. The gun did come fairly wet, so you'll need to tear it down, clean and relube if mine is any indication as to the NIB condition of all of the Sig models. I was a little leary about buying a Sig striker fired gun since most of the Sigs I've shot have been hammer fired. It's my first Sig. But so far, it lives up to the Sig reputation.

·
Registered
969 Posts
I just don't think you can go wrong with the Sig P320. Here are a few observations: Shooting is excellent. The Caliber X-change kits can get the right size and fit and caliber, but those kits cost more than a gun like a G2C. I have a Ruger SR9c and it is about the size of the P320 subcompact. No reason to ditch the Ruger because it is a different kind of flexible even compared to the P320.

AS to the trigger and voluntary upgrade, I chose to do the upgrade, if anything to maintain its value if I ever lose my mind and try to sell it.
I would likely be more interested in the compact and the ability to add a full size slide/barrel for the range and competition.

The trigger complaints are kind of funny considering how many shooters own Glocks. They do have an inexpensive upgrade available. It will cost a bit more to improve the 320's if it's necessary, but Apex has a good many options for the 320.

The post about the 320 firing OOB definitely interests me. My biggest complaint with newer 9 x 19mm pistols are short chambers. I say it often, but maybe not often enough. No load should be used in any autoloading pistol that hasn't been "Plunk" tested to make sure the cartridge isn't too long for the chamber.

One of the reasons I use the Canik TP9sa as much as I do is because its chamber does not restrict OACL. And for my handloads, that's important. I hardly ever load as short as the recommended OACL in handload data. Another plus for the Caniks, the TP9sa is the only poly-frame. striker-fired auto where I haven't wanted to do any trigger mods.

Maybe mentioning Caniks in a SIG thread appears strange, but they're as accurate as any out there, and NATO Certified, so someone else is making the same comparisons. The TP9 SF Elite is nearly identical in size to the G19 and there's not a doubt in my mind about which is the better pistol.

But, for nostalgia's sake, and provided they don't have short chambers, I wouldn't mind owning an M17. I haven't uncovered all the answers yet, but I recently downloaded the SAAMI booklet that gives cartridge and chamber specs, dated 2015. Now even Glock has shortened chambers that they're trying to plug as "Marksman." And obviously, if your chamber is short, your loads need to fit. If you look at the company's that make up SAAMI, you'll see that there are as many ammo-makers as there are gun-makers; longer loads that are more accurate and reach higher velocity with less pressure don't necessarily improve their bottom line. So, under the guise of safety they shorten chambers? I believe that it's just the reverse, as was the case in the post about the friend who fired his 320 OOB. Most often associated with loads too long for a shorter chamber.

Hey, I love CZ's and would buy a P-09 in a heartbeat save for one thing. CZ has been using short chambers about as long as any company I can remember. Now, with this 2015 SAAMI Spec, this will be the norm. It is paramount that the shooter confirms any load he plans to fire be short enough for the pistols chamber.;)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts