Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
37,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well I picked up this little hot beauty about a week ago and thought I would put up some baby pictures and a range report on it.
The recent issue of NRA shooting illustrated also has a nice write up, but this one is by a mere mortal.
basic info is its a sub compact 9 MM, 10 +1 capacity, comes with two magazines(one with extended base plate) the usual lock and cable, manual and pretty nice poly box..
also offered as a after market item is a 12 round mag.
its a double action and no safety,striker fired.
trigger is long but nice until break, medium reset but their is NO false reset.
slide is very easy to rack, I don't think as easy as the S & W EZ buy still pretty easy.
wasn't sure about the X ray sights, once I got in the range and began to shoot --they work very nicely.
my cost here was 499.99 plus tx.
is about the exact size of the Sig 938 and the Kimber Micro 9. finished in black over stainless and has the new Sig Tritium X ray sights.
anyway here is the pics and comparison with the Taurus TCP as most should know the size of that pistol.

Attachments

·
Registered
37,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Here is more pics of the gun disassembled-- usual Sig quality!
everything is nice and tight but smooth, no machine marks and smooth in all the right areas.
barrel length 3.1 inch--weight unloaded not quite 18 ounces.

Attachments

·
Registered
37,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
And finally the goody part!
the weapon was field stripped, cleaned and relubed and taken to the range.
all shots were fired standing unsupported and at 7 yards.
total round count 150-- 100 rds reloaded extreme 115, 50 rounds of 5 different self defense rounds in 10 shot groups, projectile weights from 92 grains to 124 grains.
self defense loads were reloaded XTP and COP copper, the other were factory.
function?? -- perfect not a single mishap or studder.
another 300 rds and she will likely move to pocket carry.

Attachments

·
Registered
21,504 Posts
Very nice you old fire horse, very nice indeed!

Reactions: olfarhors

·
Registered
490 Posts
That's some mighty fine shooting. Looks like that DAO trigger doesn't affect you one bit. Out of curiosity, what lead you to buy a DAO gun when there are so many single action subcompacts on the market? Way back when I was looking at the Sig P250 when they came out, which is DAO, and almost bought in when I found out about the modular design. Unfortunately that fun money had to get invested into a repair and it wasn't until a year or so later when i had the opportunity to go shopping again (but that's what lead me to my first Taurus).

·
Registered
9,585 Posts
The Sig P365 is very, very popular at our indoor range! Congratulations on your purchse! One of the fellows discovered that the Hogue grip for the Glock 43 fits the 365 and boy howdy, does it really help to hold onto this little pistol! Thanks for the range report!!

·
Registered
4,746 Posts
Congrats! How does the brass look (Primer swipe was one of the chief complaints/worries besides the trigger going dead at some point)?

·
9,091 Posts
Excellent report, and very nice shooting.

·
Registered
24,938 Posts
Congrats on your new slide gun.

·
Registered
37,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Congrats! How does the brass look (Primer swipe was one of the chief complaints/worries besides the trigger going dead at some point)?
OF the 6 different rounds fired, 5 self defense power and the target ammo I noticed very mild swipe on any of the cases.
Interestingly the Federal Classic Hi-shok seemed to have the most muzzle blast and recoil, the Fiocchi 92 and the COP 115 grain the least.
the Federal is a old school hollow point.
I found recoil to be very controlled, the gun did not sting or bite at all, recoil was very manageable and controlled, actually for a weapon in 9 MM and this weight I was duly impressed, of course the nice job of just enough stippling and the ergo of the gun made it nice for me.
I had already fondled 3-4 of them previously, never shot one however.
I can put up a few pics of the spend cases when I get a chance.

Reactions: Taurus1965

·
Registered
37,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
That's some mighty fine shooting. Looks like that DAO trigger doesn't affect you one bit. Out of curiosity, what lead you to buy a DAO gun when there are so many single action subcompacts on the market? Way back when I was looking at the Sig P250 when they came out, which is DAO, and almost bought in when I found out about the modular design. Unfortunately that fun money had to get invested into a repair and it wasn't until a year or so later when i had the opportunity to go shopping again (but that's what lead me to my first Taurus).

actually I did pull a few low and left, a result of the long DA trigger pull and the first time firing the weapon.
I currently have a Sig 238 that I pocket carry, I simply liked the ergos, Sig quality, customer satisfaction, the higher capacity than the Sig 938/ Kimber micro 9, and the size of the weapon.
I have owned a few DA only weapons and train so a DA semi with no safety doesn't bother me at all.
this weapon like the Sig 238 is strictly a carry in the front pocket and for those times that if carried it MUST be small.
the trigger is quite nice, especially on a new weapon, its a bit long but very smooth and a wonderful break that doesn't stack at all.

Reactions: mingaa

·
Registered
37,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The Sig P365 is very, very popular at our indoor range! Congratulations on your purchse! One of the fellows discovered that the Hogue grip for the Glock 43 fits the 365 and boy howdy, does it really help to hold onto this little pistol! Thanks for the range report!!
we all know that recoil and hands are different for different individuals.
for me this thing fits like a glove, I found recoil to be very tame and controllable, course now I regularly shoot 10 MM and 45 acp as well.
If a gun doesn't fit me and my hand then I simply do not buy it, to many out there that does to try to make a weapon feel right.

·
Registered
37,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
here are a few pics of the spent brass, sorry not the best quality but I think you can see the minor primer swipe on some and the expanded fired cases.
I am guessing that the different ammo had Fiocchi, CCI, Federal primers--all fired the first time.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
13,616 Posts
Nice gun and very nice shooting!

·
Registered
37,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Ran another 150 rounds through the lil Sig 365.
all 100% function using both mags.
ran 100 rds 115 grain R/N and 50 rounds of 124 gr hollow point ( target not self defense) Extreme reloads---, printed the same as the first trip very accurate lil gun.
the weapon has slicked up quite nicely, the trigger has become very smooth and maybe my mind is playing tricks but i swear it seems the trigger reset has gotten shorter??-- likely just a lot smoother.
one more range trip and shes in first line carry position unless a problem shows up.

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
Very nice.:cool:

·
Registered
220 Posts
You can't go wrong with a SIG Sauer, really! We used a P220 in the Swiss Army, that one was from the time when SIG was a Swiss brand and manufactured in Switzerland. One of the most reliable guns I ever had and certainly almost "unkaputtbar"... almost indestructable... I always liked that gun.

Edit: The 365 goes for more than 800 bucks here in Switzerland. And if you want to sell it, you always get good money for a SIG Sauer.

·
Registered
37,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Well time to place the 365 in carry rotation and end this range report.
I must say the only thing that I am just a bit unhappy with (well unhappy isn't good word but anyway) is the magazine release, its triangular and seems to need to be pushed a bit rearward for it to drop the magazine easily--thats the design for some reason.
anyway ran the 365 through MY tactical drill--100 rounds--all fired as fast as I can get a reasonable sight picture with the front dot.
limited rounds in magazines to practice mag changes.
still --- 0 --- malfunctions and near 500 rounds now.
start at 5 yards
20 RDS-4 mags/5 rds each @5 Yards (head shots)
30 RDS -6 mags/5 rds each @ 7 yds. (com shots)
20 RDS - 4 mags/5 rds each @ 15 YDS (com shots)
30 RDS - 10 mags/ 3 rds each @ 5 yards (triple tap-2 to com & 1 to head)
sweet pistol - Sig ahs another winner in my book.

Attachments

Reactions: BigBlue

·
Registered
2,846 Posts
I've really been avoiding the P365. Mostly because I put two mags down range a while back and liked it. I've too many options now.

Maloy

1 - 20 of 41 Posts