Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Stopped off at LGS to check and see if they had a P365 i could fondle. To my surprise they had one. When i say this semi is small i am not kidding. It feel's almost too small for my liking. I compared some of the variuose 380's to it and they were almost identicle in size. Anyone that owns one have any problems with controllability? Thoughts?

·
Registered
36,797 Posts
Stopped off at LGS to check and see if they had a P365 i could fondle. To my surprise they had one. When i say this semi is small i am not kidding. It feel's almost too small for my liking. I compared some of the variuose 380's to it and they were almost identicle in size. Anyone that owns one have any problems with controllability? Thoughts?
I fondled, salivated, drolled, caressed them in almost obscene manners before I finally picked one up.
it is now at aboutm 900 rounds with not a single malfunction.
tested 5 different self defense loads in it, the rest of the rounds are my reloads.
the weapon is 1000% so far.
sights are dead on, recoil is way to low for a pistol of this size in a 9 MM, accuracy--well see the targets.
it replaced my Sig 238 that I had pocket carried for several years. its a winner for me, I think Mingaa also has one?
one sil target is regular shots, the one with the larger groups is a tactical target out to 15 yards and is triple taps (2 COM-1 Head) as fast as I could get a front sight picture.
I can live with that accuracy and reliability..
mine ran me 495 plus tax.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
20,013 Posts
I also think Loudviking has one.

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Come on guys i am trying to talk myself out of buying one:D. You guys are no help. Seriously though I love my 2 current everyday carries. Finding it hard to justify replacing one of them.

·
Premium Member
430 Posts
I've owned one since my LGS got them in stock. I had pre-ordered one to insure I'd get one quickly. I love it and I have also switched from carrying a Sig P238 to carrying the P365.
More rounds with more punch. I keep a pair of 12-round magazines in my cargo pockets or in a magazine holder on my belt. For me, it's accuracy and trigger are great.
Taurus1965, we're not here to talk you out of something, we're enablers....but it's all good and we're well meaning in our enablement!

·
Registered
9,585 Posts
Well, I like the Sig P365. It shoots like a big pistol...it doesn't know that it's a subcompact. There is a 12 rnd magazine that is available for it and the Hogue handall grip for the Glock 43fits it so you have a finger swell to really hold on to it. For me, accuracy at 25' was as good as a full size quality 9mm pistol. trigger pull was very decent. Do I own one...no, not yet but when I encouraged customers at the range to try it, just about everyone liked it for a subcompact choice.

·
Registered
297 Posts
If you get it, buy it new. Sig warranty is good but I just had to send my older 938 back after they sent to back to me last month not able to finish a 7 round magazine ever.

My take on the gun was it felt cheap for a Sig and super top heavy w/o a loaded mag. Once you shoot the gun you realize why it's built top heavy like that. The recoil literally does not match for a gun this small. It shot flat and where you aimed pretty much. I currently pocket carry my G2 and this could have been a decent gun if I didn't walk in with the mindset of a striker Sig is not the Sig I want.

·
8,902 Posts
I got to test fire one a few months ago. No joke it is a game changer. My accuracy from the first round matched my full size TP9SA. I ran 3 12 round mags through it at 15 yards and all hits were in the red. Recoil was not an issue , I wouldn't want to carry without the 12 round mag. I was impressed, too bad my fun gun money has run low, and I am still a bit hesitant to leap, due to the primer drag conundrum. But it is on the list sometime the next few years.

·
Registered
15,156 Posts
The Sig 365 sucks. It's got a horrible trigger, it's too small to manage recoil, blah blah blah. OK, I did my part though it sure is a nice gun.

Reactions: Taurus1965

·
Registered
20,085 Posts
I was in at $505 @ LGS - with night sights - and would say that it has almost created a gun class of its own — very accurate for the barrel length.

I’m with Sekol. Seems no one told the 365 that it was a small 9mm !!! :D

·
Registered
36,797 Posts
How is the trigger?
the trigger on mine is way better than the large majority of small poly pistols without a safety. its a tad long but very smooth and crisp.
not sure if Mine has actually smoothed out that much or IF the actual reset is shorter than originally?
in any regards its a nice trigger for me as can be evidenced by the targets I put up on this post earlier.
to say this thing knocked my beloved Sig 238 out of pocket duty speaks a lot to the weapon.

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I got to test fire one a few months ago. No joke it is a game changer. My accuracy from the first round matched my full size TP9SA. I ran 3 12 round mags through it at 15 yards and all hits were in the red. Recoil was not an issue , I wouldn't want to carry without the 12 round mag. I was impressed, too bad my fun gun money has run low, and I am still a bit hesitant to leap, due to the primer drag conundrum. But it is on the list sometime the next few years.
Think I am going to take the same rout . Going to wait a while to see if it develops anymore issues.

·
Registered
388 Posts
I found one earlier this year, while on a weekend away with the wife and got it (with her permission) It was my EDC gun until my wife tried it at the range. It is now her EDC gun in her purse. I am waiting till after Christmas to get her get own so I can get mine back.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
I'd like to see it next to something like my 605.....

.....which is my carry revolver of choice.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts