Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had an itch for a Sig P250 for a while now, but never got around to it. I handled a regular P250C Nitron at a chain store, walked away to think about it. Went back the next day and they were sold out. I figured that it wasn't meant to be. Went to the LGS on Saturday, and ran into this:

The only Sig P250 in the store. It was equipped with every option available: two tone, diamond plate, extended threaded barrel, Sig night sights. It was priced only $40 more than a plain-jane version. It irked me that the only one left was the display model. I told the salesman to put it back in the case. I walked away.

...and 10 min later I walked back. LOL

The LGS was packed, and the salesman didn't have the time to find the box, paperwork, etc. He assured me the P250 is issued with two magazines because all new Sigs are issued with two. I know this isn't true (SP2022). Part of the paperwork at this LGS is a form that states you're buying the firearm as shown. I wrote in "Pistol, instructions, box, lock, lube, two magazines." initialed it, and the sales staff accepted it. One way or another, I'm getting two mags.

This is definitely the most showy pistol I've bought.

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Congrats on your new gun. Shoot it (often) in good health.

·
Registered
36,797 Posts
Nice!
Sig is making quite a few "Diamond Plate" models, even the 238 & 1911 can be had in Diamond Plate!
Yea i am with you on the 2 magazines!
I don't know of any Sig currently that comes with 2 magazines, Cheap - skate manufactures!!
Although i do like the Sigs very much the one mag is uncalled for!
enjoy the weapon.

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
Very nice - love that diamondplate look!

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
Fine lookin shooter, ended up trading mine for the Sig Nightmare...enjoy

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I picked it up yesterday. I'm glad I noted the purchase contingent on two mags on the paperwork accepted by the shop. Salesman didn't want to take the time to go find the box to confirm how many mags were issued, and assured me it came with two. When I got to pick it up, one mag only.

When I asked for the 2nd one, the cashier gave me the reflexive "it only comes with one" response and went to the paperwork. I pointed out the conditional written on the paperwork. The manager on duty comes out, looks at the paperwork, looks at my previous purchase history with them, and rings out a mag for $0. No problem whatsoever.

I'm content to have two mags. Since they took care of me without any hassles, I decide to purchase the last P250C mag in stock. I shake the manager's hand, and tell him sincerely that I'll be back to spend more money with them.

Today, it got annoying. I get a call from the LGS, from their in-house bean counter. "Hi. You're the one that picked up a Sig P250 yesterday? Well I'm sorry to bother you, but the cashier forgot to charge you for the extra magazine you picked up. You'll need to come in and pay for that." I explain to her what happened, manager came out, etc.

"Which manager? Do you know his name? That pistol is issued with one magazine. When can you come in to pay for that magazine?"

Now I'm truly annoyed. I get the feeling I'm at a car dealership dealing with the so-called "finance manager". Without raising my voice and keeping a civil tone I reply:

Do you have the paperwork in front of you? Do you see the conditional on the paperwork that is initialed by me and accepted by your employee? If you don't have a copy of that form, I can e-mail it to you. I used my cell phone to capture an Adobe PDF of the purchase contract & disclaimers because you don't give me a copy after I sign them. I also have a copy of the purchase receipt listing the pistol and the magazine. The magazine line item price reads $0.00, because one of your managers performed a price override at the register.

As to which manager is on duty, I have no idea. You guys don't wear name tags. Take a look at my receipt. It lists the date and time of the transaction. YOU can use that information to figure out which manager was on duty.

Because Illinois has a 72 hour mandatory wait on firearms, you had 72 hours to review the paperwork. You had 72 hours to find the box, paperwork, and accessories for the pistol. You had 72 hours to take action before the contract terms were fulfilled and satisfied. Even before that sales contract was signed, your salesman didn't want to take the time to find the pistol's box and accessories to visually verify with me the number of magazines issued with the pistol. He made a verbal assurance of two magazines were standard issue. I had the foresight to note the sale conditional on two magazines on the sales contract.

The final purchase receipt you issued to me itemized the material goods and itemized the price. By law, that receipt is the final confirmation that your business and I accepted the terms of sale. My payment in full and your acceptance of my payment in full completes the sales contract, and I have no further contractual obligations to fulfill. If you feel the need to press the issue with me, I'd be happy to make an appointment to speak with the store owner to discuss the fine points of business law. I'm sorry, what was your full name again?

Needless to say she concluded the conversation in a much more polite manner than it began.

·
Registered
15,646 Posts
Congratulations on your new firearm.

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks fellas!

The P250C is working out for me. I have a chain of injuries in my strong side: shoulder repair 19 years ago, carpal tunnel, minimal cartilage in the elbow, and most recently a torn triceps. It's been a discouraging two months of shooting. I've only just started to regain some stability in my strong side, and am regaining some consistency in shot placement.

Targets out to 25 ft. 115 gr. WWB FMJ. I download my mag to 4 or 5 shots to slow me down and make my ammo last.

4 shots. One shot about every 1 - 2 seconds.

3 out of 5. Slow fire. I flinched on one, pushed the trigger on the other.

2 mags, 5 rds each. Slow fire. 8/10. 5 in the bull, 3 on the box. I was breaking my wrist on two.

40 min into the range session and I called it quits due to fatigue. No point in wasting ammo.

·
Registered
3,227 Posts
i like my p250... it came with three mags and a 357 sig barrel though but yeah idk why theyd only give you one mag talk about annoying. i would like 3 mags with any gun personally like the XD series... i appreciate the holsters and the mag pounches for two mags but the gun only comes with two mags =P

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
cant go wrong with a sig product and gettin an extra mag is the greatest, sig is pretty pround of the mags with a price tag that is high, a good lgs operator always takes care of his clientel or soon closes even in todays enviroment

1 - 16 of 16 Posts