Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
21,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I love this gun.
Feels great in my hand; I just need to order a mag extender so my pinky doesn't hang off the grip and I get more than 12 rounds.
It's very well balanced and aiming is very natural; it's set up for six o'clock hold.
It's DOA and has an extremely consistent pull and figuring out where the break was only took 2 rounds.
I didn't experience any trigger creep or roughness.
No malfunctions out of about 50 rounds fired.
I was shooting WHB.

First four shots are the outliers the center group are the last 9 all from the first mag at 10 yards.

Just some fun:

Walked onto the front porch Sunday morning and saw this guy making a trek from the back pond up the front pond. Never seen one this big on land or in the water on our property.

·
Premium Member
16,168 Posts
Good report. So do you have the interchangeable barrels/slides?

·
Registered
14,298 Posts
Glad to know your pleased with it. Did you try the full size frame or stick with the sub-compact "carry" on the down low Mini Sig frame? Sound like those night sights line up real accurate.

Enjoy it.

·
Registered
21,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Is that a snapper? Good reporttoo, thanks.
Yup, big 'ole snapper.

Good report. So do you have the interchangeable barrels/slides?
It came as a 2sum so I have the the large frame too. the subcompact just shot so well I didn't even bother swapping them.

Glad to know your pleased with it. Did you try the full size frame or stick with the sub-compact "carry" on the down low Mini Sig frame? Sound like those night sights line up real accurate.

Enjoy it.
The sights are very accurate. I hate that target I was using but it's what I had; I need to shoot 100 rounds at the standard bulls eye.

The night sights really light up:

·
Registered
20,085 Posts
I had a 250 - a stud of a gun, typical Sig quality. I didn't like the trigger, too long and heavy for my taste - it does not appear to bother you one bit - nice target! For me it was too large to carry much and I had better guns for competition (lighter triggers) - sadly I traded mine. Glad you have a solid match!!!

Give the turtle a scratch under the chin for me! (They love that!!)

Reactions: Texheim

·
Registered
21,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I had a 250 - a stud of a gun, typical Sig quality. I didn't like the trigger, too long and heavy for my taste - it does not appear to bother you one bit - nice target! For me it was too large to carry much and I had better guns for competition (lighter triggers) - sadly I traded mine. Glad you have a solid match!!!

Give the turtle a scratch under the chin for me! (They love that!!)
As I got closer to the turtle his back legs went up and his front squatted down and I had this feeling that if I stayed around much longer I was going to find out that snapping turtles are actually much much faster than I realized.

Reactions: btleslie

·
Registered
14,298 Posts
I had an older version of the P250 in a sub-compact .40s&w. It had a longer and kind of gritty trigger pull to it. But later Sig cleaned up the action of the P250 and smoothed it out and bring it more in tune with being Sig quality action.

·
Registered
14,298 Posts
As I got closer to the turtle his back legs went up and his front squatted down and I had this feeling that if I stayed around much longer I was going to find out that snapping turtles are actually much much faster than I realized.
Kind of like a 1963 Plymouth Valiant 4 door 225 slant 6 under the hood automatic transmission with push buttons on the dash with a rear spring shackle lift installed........Trust me, it wasn't any faster to this dumb 16 year old kid. Only looked weird!!!!

·
Registered
21,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Kind of like a 1963 Plymouth Valiant 4 door 225 slant 6 under the hood automatic transmission with push buttons on the dash with a rear spring shackle lift installed........Trust me, it wasn't any faster to this dumb 16 year old kid. Only looked weird!!!!
Dad calls that a "swabby lifter".

Reactions: jonrjen

·
Registered
30,023 Posts
Glad she shot well for you!

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Glad to see this report, this is my next purchase. Before I bought my 140 I have not owned Sig and love them.

thanks for taking the time to report this.

·
Registered
698 Posts
Tex,

For which caliber is your P250 chambered? If it's a 9mm or .40 S&W, you've got to try out the medium railed subcompact frame. It has a little extra palmswell that makes the subcompact much easier to hold onto without using a mag extension. You can also buy a compact mag, and slide on an x-grip adapter.

Glad to hear you are enjoying your P250!

·
Registered
25,027 Posts
It looks like you had some fun

·
Registered
21,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Tex,

For which caliber is your P250 chambered? If it's a 9mm or .40 S&W, you've got to try out the medium railed subcompact frame. It has a little extra palmswell that makes the subcompact much easier to hold onto without using a mag extension. You can also buy a compact mag, and slide on an x-grip adapter.

Glad to hear you are enjoying your P250!
It's the 9mm. I'm looking into the x-grip to get my pinky on the gun rather than on the bottom of the mag and I'd get 2(?) extra rounds; however I shoot just fine with out the x-grip. I don't really care for rails on a carry gun. My PT809 is the bed side table gun and it has a rail for a light so I think I'm covered.

·
Registered
5,151 Posts
nice shooting hope ypu enjoy your new pistol

·
Registered
14,298 Posts
I don't really care for rails on a carry gun.
That's what the Dremel Tool was made for. Grab some cheap beer (you know where to go), your dremel tool with a few assorted attachments and let the poly shavings fly. Heck, once you have it shaped how you want it, change the dremel bit out and engrave a custom frame design.

You can do it.....Yes you can !!!! Wow, where did that come from? Too many years of Grandchildren watching "Dora".

1 - 17 of 17 Posts