Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my Sig P229 40 CPO gun on Thursday just had time to throw it in the safe and go to work. it is a US made no rail standard P229 3 dot sights. After disassembly and cleaning I don't think it was ever fired Or Sig did a great job of refinishing (the CPO pages says the do not refinish them) the is no finish wear on the barrel, rails and inside the mag well Id does have the new ergo grips and they did not send a tool to remove them. I spoke with sig and they are sending me a grip removal tool The CPO guns come in a cardboard box not a plastic case but for less than $450.00 I am as happy as a Clam it came with 2 `12 round mags I hope to go shoot it Wed which is my next day off

·
Registered
3,222 Posts
You will love this gun!

The 229 is the softest shooting 40 I have. She's a little hefty but a joy of a gun to shoot.
I also have a 229 stainless elite in 9mm, I really prefer the 40. You can also throw in a 357 sig barrel and have a real blaster. :)
Yes, the CPO guns are excellent, even the police trade in guns are outstanding value for the quality Sig provides. I've bought several of them. If you can find a 224... buy it. Love that little thing.

·
Administrator
35,627 Posts
Congrats on the new Sig ! I'm quickly finding out that Sig puts out a really exceptional product, my dad had a thing for them and I inherited his main home defense gun. I can't wait for a range report on your new one.

·
23,071 Posts
Very nice! Congratulations!

I just wish Sig made condition one pistols that didn't cost the earth.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts