Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Administrator
35,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I decided to buy some MecGar magazines for my Sig P226. I went with those brand because they have really good reviews from other sites, and they hold 18 rounds instead of 15 like the Sig mags do. They got here today. I had also ordered a dual stack mag holder that I got in the mail yesterday.

I put the mags into the mag holder and was kinda disappointed, they were quite loose in there, then I remembered that I got two Allen wrenches with the mags. I tightened up the center screw and sure enough, the fit snugged up nicely and it's perfect now.

It's amazing how they can fit 3 more rounds in what looks like the same sized magazine. They fit in my gun perfectly and the only difference is, they have a thin plastic butt plate. Not much difference at all. I can't wait to get to the range to put some rounds through these new mags and make sure they work good in real life. 8)

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
19,740 Posts
Ain’t no substitute for a nice retention screw!

·
Registered
36,297 Posts
Reactions: texastaurusguy

·
Super Moderator
21,527 Posts
Can I ask where did you get them and how much did everything cost.

·
Administrator
35,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Okay, so the mags were $21 each. And the mag holster was $24 on Amazon.

·
Super Moderator
21,527 Posts
That's better than Cheaper than Dirt. Thanks I have two 20 rounders but they stick out a bit.

I wasn't sure Amazon sold magazines!

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
35,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Nope, don't have one, might end up with one some day but I'm about to own a Shield 9mm so it's not likely anytime soon. Good to know though.

·
Administrator
17,799 Posts
Very Nice setup! :cool: Mec-Gar makes excellent Magazines and I seriously doubt you'll ever have an issue with them! :smile:

Most of my Handguns use Mec-Gar Magazines.

Reactions: texastaurusguy

·
Registered
3,228 Posts
Try the ACT-MAG. Made in Italy, and I bought one on ebay for $21. Put a lot of rounds through it with no malfs.
Ordered 3 myself. I just wish I had more options for mags. :p

1 - 14 of 14 Posts