Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's the P226 police trade in I ordered from Bud's. It's hammer fired, but double action only. Unlike many of these guns, the nite sights are still hot enough to be of use. It came with three mags and I added the Bianchi #5 holster, new recoil spring and a new .357 Sig barrel. The spare barrel gives me the ability to use either .357 Sig or .40 S&W. They both use the same magazines and recoil spring.

Attachments

·
21,915 Posts
That's one heck of a high quality, versatile, hard-hitting package! Congratulations!

Reactions: BigBlue

·
Administrator
35,110 Posts
i love my dad's Sig P226, it's 9mm but it's a serious workhorse of a gun. It has a place in my house protector rotation, and with riots and such going on, I sometimes carry it concealed in a nice leather holster. With three spare mags, I feel well protected.

That's a beautiful gun, congrats !

Reactions: jwc007 and BigBlue

·
Administrator
17,582 Posts
Sweet Deal! :cool: Congratulations and may it serve you well! :smile:

·
Banned
1,582 Posts
Nice!
Rig 'er up for .357 and ditch that .40 Slow&Weak barrel.
I'm 90% a revolver guy, but I'd love that DAO in .357Sig.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Looks good!
If you don't like the DAO, I didn't, you can convert it to DA/SA for about $60 if you buy smartly. I got all nickel replacement parts for my ex-NYPD P226 from various sources and it was like $52 total.

·
Registered
13,853 Posts
Great Purchase. Of course I simply have a great appreciation for firearms that have the flexibility to shot different calibers of ammunition.

·
Premium Member
12,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Great Purchase. Of course I simply have a great appreciation for firearms that have the flexibility to shot different calibers of ammunition.
I have another Sig that started life as a .40 S&W, my Sig P229, I had bought a .357 Sig barrel for that as well. I took to the range a few days ago to test out it's new barrel and it worked like a charm.

Reactions: taurustoter

·
Super Moderator
19,603 Posts
Congrats on the pistol. Is yours using the DAK operating system? I don't see an exposed hammer in the rear.

i have P227 and P228/M11A1 (45ACP and 9mm, respectively) but they have the hammer and operate DA to SA with decocker. Your does share a rear end with my P320 which is a striker fired gun. And, good to see you went for the 357SIG "upgrade".

·
Super Moderator
19,603 Posts
I bought my glock 27 for the same reason. I wanted a 357sig but you never see one for sale around here, when the glock 27 police trade ins showed up for $269 it made a perfect choice.
I bought 357 barrels for both my G22 and G23. Diversity is good with guns.

·
Premium Member
12,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Congrats on the pistol. Is yours using the DAK operating system? I don't see an exposed hammer in the rear.

i have P227 and P228/M11A1 (45ACP and 9mm, respectively) but they have the hammer and operate DA to SA with decocker. Your does share a rear end with my P320 which is a striker fired gun. And, good to see you went for the 357SIG "upgrade".
Yes this P226 has the DA Kellerman operating system with a 6.5lb. trigger pull. I have the DA/SA set up on my P229 and P239 which is also a .357 Sig.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts