Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone used this brand in the g2c? Wondering how it feeds since they say it’s a little shorter.

·
Registered
969 Posts
The loads that use the V-Crown JHP should perform very well. SIERRA makes the bullet for SIG, but that may change since SIG is going completely into ammo production. The reason you'll see a cannelure on the bullet is because it is a mechanical lock. Bonded bullets may have been all-the-rage, but bullets with an effective mechanical lock and the correct core alloy can be exceptional, i.e. the Federal HST bullets and loads. Remington has followed suit with their new Black Belt JHP. As far as cartridge length, most are short enough to run in any good 9mm pistol. The SAAMI spec for barrel chambers (2015) give them shorter throats than in the past and still allows slender rounded ogive FMJ to be fairly long.;)

Reactions: olfarhors

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The loads that use the V-Crown JHP should perform very well. SIERRA makes the bullet for SIG, but that may change since SIG is going completely into ammo production. The reason you'll see a cannelure on the bullet is because it is a mechanical lock. Bonded bullets may have been all-the-rage, but bullets with an effective mechanical lock and the correct core alloy can be exceptional, i.e. the Federal HST bullets and loads. Remington has followed suit with their new Black Belt JHP. As far as cartridge length, most are short enough to run in any good 9mm pistol. The SAAMI spec for barrel chambers give them shorter throats than in the past and still allows slender rounded ogive FMJ to be fairly long.;)
thanks, I like them in the 45 acp but haven’t bought any in 9mm yet.

·
Registered
969 Posts
thanks, I like them in the 45 acp but haven’t bought any in 9mm yet.
I think they'd be good in either flavor, but for 9mm, I'd use the +P version for defense.;)

Reactions: olfarhors

·
Banned
4,206 Posts
Sig V-crown runs great on my G2. No problems whatsoever.

·
Registered
36,780 Posts
haven't tried any of them but have been intending on getting a couple boxes in the 38 Super plus p to try in my guns just to see how they expand.
hell any new factory introduction in 38 Super has my interest to be honest.

Reactions: Peacemakr40 and 57K
1 - 6 of 6 Posts