Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About 3 months ago, I guess, I added a few guns to my collection including three 1911s. One of them is a sig custom shop 1911 Max in .45 acp. Well I finally got around to shooting it yesterday. Recently, sig discontinued this particular gun and after shooting it all I can say is I am very happy I got one before they were all gone.

The gun is pretty much ready for all levels of competition right out of the Box. Sig custom shop built the gun in conjunction with Max Michel Jr, World Speed Shooting Champion from the ground up as a competition ready firearm. The gun was built utilizing their Sig flat trigger, external extractor, a Dawson Ice Magwell, a Koenig Speed Hammer and EGW sear and firing pin. Fiber optic front and adjustable rear sights, eight round Wilson Combat Magazines, and G10 chain link grips. Combine all this with the custom shop's hand assembly (one smith builds the entire gun start to finish) and you have a gun that is a joy to own and shoot.

The fit and finish is just as you would expect from a handgun at this level and I have not been able to find anything to questioin or complain about. Well.... there is one thing... I like shiny guns and if it had been available in a high polish stainless I would have everything!

All I can say about the accuracy of the gun is that at my age and with my eyes i will never be able to Max out the potential of this gun for accuracy. I was shooting Fiocchi 230 gr FMJ-RN (six shots/magazine) standing unsupported at 10 yards. The flier was the first round. I was surprised to say the least! I am going to get my daughter to shoot the gun. She is a very good shot with her Kimber Gold Match and I am curious to see what she can do with this Sig.

Finally, I am seeking opinions... I have two sets of custom grips I think look good on the gun. Which one looks best, the natural Maple Burl (brown) or the stabilized Spalted Maple Burl (brown/green)?

Don

. 20200913_190521.jpg

. 20200913_190252.jpg

20190430_094841.jpg

·
Registered
24,497 Posts
I lke the green ones. Congrats on your new to you mighty fine slide gun.

Reactions: BangBang

·
Super Moderator
21,439 Posts
Very nice! I like the green a lot! Congrats on another great gun to add to your collection.

Are you sure I'm not your long lost relative that needs to take care and evaluate all your guns? I know I've seen the paperwork around somewhere!

Sent from my SM-A716U using Tapatalk

Reactions: BangBang

·
Administrator
35,112 Posts
Sig sure does the 1911 nice, don't they? Spalted for me.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts