Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
24,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
20190810_182936.jpg

A few of us purchased the refurbished Sig. 320 in .45 from CDNN Sports
Let me say, I love the gun. I generally shoot with 6 o clock hold. This gun is more like a 12:00 hold, haha!
You can see my very first shots hit low. This was at 35 ft. With the first three mags. of ten rounds each.
Occasionally, the gun wouldn't go into battery, but I'll work on that.

·
Registered
24,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Buying this gun was a bargain. I looked on GunBroker and they are going for the high fives, low sixes, new. This gun is this close>< to being "new".

·
Administrator
35,507 Posts
What was refurbed about the gun? Was there some kind of issue with the 45acp version?

·
Registered
526 Posts
What was refurbed about the gun? Was there some kind of issue with the 45acp version?
My P320 was made in November of 2017 and went to an Indiana law enforcement agency. It was returned to Sig in April of this year. I'm guessing it was part of a LEO trade in program. Sig refurbished the fire control unit (that part that has the serial number) and put it into a new grip modular along with a new barrel and slide. The visible outside appearance of the pistol is absolutely brand new. Oh, and the pistol has night sights on it that are very bright. But wait, there's more -- they included an official Sig paddle holster for it. It was a super deal.

·
Super Moderator
19,864 Posts
^^^^^^^^^^^
So let’s see:

• New fire control unit
  • New grip frame
  • New barrel
  • New slide

Sounds like they assembled an entirely new gun!

·
Registered
526 Posts
[*]New fire control unit
Not quite. The original FCU was refurbished. The FCU is the piece that has the serial number on it. Sig could change out its parts, but I think under Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives rules the FCU frame is what they keep track of. So as far as BATFE is concerned, my like new pre-owned firearm was made in 2017. Did you know you can buy a Sig P320 80% FCU blank and finish it yourself? All the FCU internal parts are available on line.

·
Premium Member
13,315 Posts
Great guns! Congrats on yours. I have the 320C version.

·
Registered
2,809 Posts
I doubt they replaced the slide or barrel. My 320C's have probably more ammo down range than most LEO guns. The slides are either nitrited or stainless, and the barrels are nitrited inside and out. It would be hard to get them to show wear after only a couple of years. Neither barrel in mine show wear on the feed ramps. Wipe them down and they look new.

Maloy

^^^^^^^^^^^
So let’s see:

• New fire control unit
  • New grip frame
  • New barrel
  • New slide

Sounds like they assembled an entirely new gun!

·
Registered
526 Posts
They also changed the trigger to a smaller one and did the same to the slide stop/release.
The thinner trigger (less mass means less rearward momentum if dropped) was standard after August 2017. The smaller slide stop happened when they introduced the gen 2 grip module. So depending on when your pistol was built they may not have had to make those updates.

·
Registered
526 Posts
I doubt they replaced the slide or barrel. My 320C's have probably more ammo down range than most LEO guns. The slides are either nitrited or stainless, and the barrels are nitrited inside and out. It would be hard to get them to show wear after only a couple of years. Neither barrel in mine show wear on the feed ramps. Wipe them down and they look new.

Maloy
What about holster wear? Since my P320 was in law enforcement use, I'm guessing it lived in a holster. There's no holster wear on my slide. Then again maybe the finish is that good.

·
Administrator
18,039 Posts
Sweet deal! :cool: Congratulations on your new-to-you refurbed Sig P320 in .45 ACP. :smile:

Be sure to let us know how you solve your feed issues.

I would have a look at the Magazines and maybe install some Wolff +5% extra Strength Magazine Springs or have a look at the Extractor and Extractor Spring.

·
Super Moderator
36,761 Posts

Maloy
The feed ramp is weird. Every semi-auto that I own has a polished feed ramp and I've "enhanced" a few with my Dremel and a felt bullet with some compound. When I field stripped the P320 I was shocked to see the same finish on the barrel across the feed ramp. I was tempted to get out the polishing kit and then decided that if the Sig gunsmith left it that way...it must be the way it should be. Out of 80 rounds I had one FTF.

Here's the skinny on what they did to the original design of the gun and why:

https://www.sigsauer.com/support/p320-voluntary-upgrade/#video

I swear that I saw an email blurb for someone else with stock on these in the low 300's...cannot find it now.

·
Registered
24,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
My Sig is going back for a tune up. The firearm won't fully return to battery about 50% of the time. I believe it's the extractor. It's only about an 1/8 inch from fully returning and if I take my thumb and ever so slightly touch the slide, it goes into battery.
Again, I think the extractor isn't grabbing the casing, with the hook staying on the backside of the casing, until I nudge it.

The good word is, the folks at SIG were very professional and empathetic towards my issue. They are sending me a prepaid FedEx label and promised me it wouldn't be out of my hands for more than two weeks. The smith said he'll break down the gun again and completely rework it.

You can't ask for more than that.
Stay tuned! Or should I say; extractor tuned?

BTW, I'm loving this gun. That's tough thing to say from an old 1911 guy.

·
Super Moderator
36,761 Posts
I had mine out his afternoon and ran 80 more rounds down the pipe. I want to really give it a workout before the one year warranty is over. Should have bought two more mags.

·
Registered
24,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I bought one extra, so my total is three. I broke my own rule, which is a minimum of four mags per firearm. I don't know what I was thinking. Now for the cost of shipping, I may as well buy another three.

·
Registered
36,588 Posts
View attachment 444565

A few of us purchased the refurbished Sig. 320 in .45 from CDNN Sports
Let me say, I love the gun. I generally shoot with 6 o clock hold. This gun is more like a 12:00 hold, haha!
You can see my very first shots hit low. This was at 35 ft. With the first three mags. of ten rounds each.
Occasionally, the gun wouldn't go into battery, but I'll work on that.

Move out to 20-25 yards and bet its almost dead on, bet its zeroed at 25 meters!
course them flimsy , cheap zemac guns you can't tell where they are likely to shoot!

Reactions: rollin thunder

·
Registered
36,588 Posts
My Sig is going back for a tune up. The firearm won't fully return to battery about 50% of the time. I believe it's the extractor. It's only about an 1/8 inch from fully returning and if I take my thumb and ever so slightly touch the slide, it goes into battery.
Again, I think the extractor isn't grabbing the casing, with the hook staying on the backside of the casing, until I nudge it.

The good word is, the folks at SIG were very professional and empathetic towards my issue. They are sending me a prepaid FedEx label and promised me it wouldn't be out of my hands for more than two weeks. The smith said he'll break down the gun again and completely rework it.

You can't ask for more than that.
Stay tuned! Or should I say; extractor tuned?

BTW, I'm loving this gun. That's tough thing to say from an old 1911 guy.
Yea and likely will be returned to YOUR DOORSTEP as well, so you miss the joy of paying shipping back and having to go to a FFL to ship and pick up!
Sorry for all this trouble and expense!!

Reactions: rollin thunder
1 - 19 of 19 Posts