Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I just ordered the sig 250 and I'm just wondering what you all have heard. I know about the interchangeable parts. So I'm probably going to order the .45 conversion parts when available. Pretty cool two guns in one and its a sig. So feel free to add your comments about this pistol, both likes and dislikes..
Thanks

·
Registered
959 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
I have a SIG P239 .40S&W. This model and the P229 have interchangeable barrels with .357 SIG. At some point I'd like to try that. However, the magazines are NOT interchangeable, and they cost at least $40 each--dankeschöen, SIG Sauer!

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
Congratulations on your new purchase, bugs. If you have an opportunity to post pics that'd be a plus also either here in this thread, at the one at the top of the subforum for non-Taurus firearms or both if you prefer. :)

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It really stinks that for such a new idea/revolutionary gun, there is not much information out there.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Indrid Cold said:
I have a SIG P239 .40S&W. This model and the P229 have interchangeable barrels with .357 SIG. At some point I'd like to try that. However, the magazines are NOT interchangeable, and they cost at least $40 each--dankeschöen, SIG Sauer!
Always wanted a sig but got this PT 140 instead, btw whats the deal .357 sig any way i dont know any thing sbout this ammo

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
.357 Sig is a 9mm bullet in a necked down 40 S&W case. On a basic level it reproduces .357 Magnum ballistics in an auto pistol. (Only in the 125 grain weight range) Once the .357 sig gets up to 147 grains in bullet weight it loses it's velocity drastically.

Out of a 4.25 inch barrel one can expect a muzzle velocity of around 1400+ fps from a number of .357 Sig loads. It's penetration is outstanding and on par with 125 grain .357 magnum rounds.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
117 Posts
NYPD in AZ said:
.357 Sig is a 9mm bullet in a necked down 40 S&W case. On a basic level it reproduces .357 Magnum ballistics in an auto pistol. (Only in the 125 grain weight range) Once the .357 sig gets up to 147 grains in bullet weight it loses it's velocity drastically.

Out of a 4.25 inch barrel one can expect a muzzle velocity of around 1400+ fps from a number of .357 Sig loads. It's penetration is outstanding and on par with 125 grain .357 magnum rounds.

Hope this helps.
i see muzzle welocity of a magnum with out all the pressures one the autoloader, thanks

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
well I just picked her up and all I can say is nice. It feels so nice with the contoured grips. I'm gonna shoot it in the next few days and I'll let you know what I think.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Congratulations on your new pistol. I think the 250 is going to be a hit. The modular idea is perfect for the guy on a limited budget. Now one frame can basically be set up to serve multiple roles from target shooting, to hunting, to self defense. Great idea.

Out West

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'll post pics soon. I'm so excited. Is it normal to just sit around with her. :) ;)

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
bugs said:
I'll post pics soon. I'm so excited. Is it normal to just sit around with her. :) ;)
I think so. When I got my PT1911SS there were several days I would take it out of the safe and admire it. The wife got jealous but she got over it quickly.

·
Registered
212 Posts
bugs said:
Well I just ordered the sig 250 and I'm just wondering what you all have heard. I know about the interchangeable parts. So I'm probably going to order the .45 conversion parts when available. Pretty cool two guns in one and its a sig. So feel free to add your comments about this pistol, both likes and dislikes.
I went to SIG Sauer's website and read up on the 250. Ooo, that's nice. Very cool concept.

For now, for monetary reasons, I'll have to be content to switch out the barrel on my P239. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well I just came back from the range and passed about 100 or so rounds through the sig. It wasnt feeding correctly the first time around. Took it apart and lubed and cleaned and it seemed to solve the problem. It has such a solid feel. The trigger seems very heavy though but at the same time you know exactly where you were during the trigger pull which I really loved. I felt completely in control of the trigger. The gun was very accurate and seemed to shoot where I pointed. I also shot my buddys glock. I'd compare it to that but tighter if that makes any sense. After shooting it though I do somewhat like my 24/7 better. They are both completely opposite in the way they shoot so its a lot of fun. Long story short the 250 seems like a solid, tight, durable, quality feel while the taurus is more of a light, loose comfy gun. Although Id say the taurus is a more comfortable shot, I think the sig shoots better, tighter and more consistent. The price difference was about $250. My opinion both are great guns if you want a looser feel easy bargain shooter buy the 24/7, or if youve got money to burn want a high quality solid tight shot get the sig.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I was able to fondle one, and personally I wasn't too impressed. It didn't have that feel that the other P-series Sigs have. Also, I'm not a fan of DAK. I would have opted for a 229 or a 226 myself.

Congrats on your purchase though!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts