Taurus Firearm Forum banner
2321 - 2338 of 2338 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
A couple of Rugers. SR9 and SR40C. The 9 was purchased in 2010 and the 40 in 2015. I love these guns. Missed out on getting an SR45. Really wish I had just gone ahead and bought one when they were plentiful. I’ve always thought these pistols were underrated. Mine have been perfect. I removed the mechanism in both so now they can fire without the magazine inserted. I didn’t like that safely feature.
Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory Wood

·
Registered
46 Posts
And a pair of Glocks. Well almost. A 23 and 19. Not my favorite handguns but they’re work horses. Not a fan of how the bottom of the trigger guard rubs on my middle finger knuckle. The 23 is not my friend after a few mags.
Air gun Trigger Line Gun barrel Gun accessory

·
Registered
3,297 Posts
And a pair of Glocks. Well almost. A 23 and 19. Not my favorite handguns but they’re work horses. Not a fan of how the bottom of the trigger guard rubs on my middle finger knuckle. The 23 is not my friend after a few mags. View attachment 484499
Grind that stuff off. I did my 23, relieved the trigger guard and removed the finger grooves.
Still has Glock ergonomics, but it is more enjoyable to shoot.

These ain't heirlooms, they're cheap tools. Make them work for you.

·
Super Moderator
39,273 Posts
Consider the Cz P07. A good bit shorter than the Phantom and easier to carry and find.
I bought the Sar B6C to answer the weight issue, but haven't carried it yet as I need a new shell from Alien Gear since the CZ75 shell doesn't fit well. I also need to work with it some more for further dependability testing.
Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Wood Gun accessory

I would also like to fit it with alternative sights, but choices are not found. I wrote Sarsilmaz for suggestions and their response was that they are "working on some".

·
Registered
535 Posts
Grind that stuff off. I did my 23, relieved the trigger guard and removed the finger grooves.
Still has Glock ergonomics, but it is more enjoyable to shoot.

These ain't heirlooms, they're cheap tools. Make them work for you.
Absolutely. The only Glock i haven't taken a Dremel or soldering iron to yet is my new Glock 27. YET. I did put Ameriglo I dots on the day after i got it.

·
Registered
37,343 Posts
Some of my favorite weapons, especially the CZ's. View attachment 484419
I am a lover of CZ as well.
here is an early import P-01, notice it has the 75 compact D slide on it.
this weapon is now well into 9 K rounds and not a single misfire or malfunction of any kind, I can't imagine being more confident in a weapon that i am in this one.
it isn't very accurate however, i think mostly due to the mis marked slide on it!!!!
Light Trigger Air gun Gun barrel Gun accessory
White Azure Font Line Revolver

·
Premium Member
11,320 Posts
My oldest son will get the Hammerli 212 in front, the one behind is my long-time favorite

His little brother will get this one

Guns make great gifts!
Yeah they do! Even when you have to buy them for yourself.

·
Registered
46 Posts
My Beretta Cougar 8040. 40 s&w of course. Bought in 2003 and it’s still rock solid. These pistols were and still are awesome. Always perfect after all the years. I carried it for about 2 years after I got it so it shows some holster wear. I wish Stoeger hadn’t stopped making these because I’d like having a 9 and 45 in this model too.
Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory Composite material

Gas Gun accessory Trigger Machine Auto part

Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory Composite material

·
Registered
37,343 Posts
I have a Stoeger 8000, thats the 9 MM of course.
I actually bought one due to the price once Stoeger began making them and referred the same gun to two friends that wanted a house gun for defense.
they are heavy for todays standards being all metal but mine has been ultra reliable, accurate and well made.

Trigger Air gun Gun barrel Gun accessory Metal
Green Gas Font Machine Paint

·
Registered
46 Posts
Nice Cougar! Oh yeah by today’s standards it’s super heavy. The rotating barrel system on these is pretty neat. When Stoeger started putting these out I remember they were like $379. That’s a steal for this gun. I paid upwards of $500 for my Beretta in ‘03.

·
Registered
37,343 Posts
Nice Cougar! Oh yeah by today’s standards it’s super heavy. The rotating barrel system on these is pretty neat. When Stoeger started putting these out I remember they were like $379. That’s a steal for this gun. I paid upwards of $500 for my Beretta in ‘03.
Pretty sure that I paid around 350 for mine at Academy?
Beretta had to give it to Stoeger so that it wouldn't compete with the new PX4 they came out with, course the PX4 is a poly gun and I got one of them as well, its also a shooter.

·
Administrator
18,643 Posts
WWII Capture 1936 S/42 Mauser made Luger and AC44 Walther made P-38

·
Administrator
18,643 Posts
Ruger Speed Six .38 Special w/ Pachmayr Gripper Grip

·
Administrator
18,643 Posts
Customized S&W SW9VE's,
Top SW9VE has it's Slide CerKoted in Sig Blackout Black
Bottom SW9VE has it's Frame CeraKoted in Virginia Blue

And if you were wondering what one might look like with the Black Slide on the Blue Frame

2321 - 2338 of 2338 Posts