Taurus Firearm Forum banner

2241 - 2260 of 2269 Posts

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
Santa didn't come till 1-6-2021,I am happy he came late it's better than never! My new RIA 1911-A1 Ultra 10mm. My daughter Xmas & birthday 12-31-2020 gift to me.

·
Super Moderator
19,933 Posts

·
Registered
2,146 Posts

My Smith & Wesson licensed Walther PPK/S with Altamont Super Rosewood Grips alongside my Buck 120 Knife

My California Highway Patrol Smith & Wesson Model 4006TSW alongside my Buck 120 Knife

My Smith & Wesson Performance Center M&P40 Shield 1.0

·
Registered
189 Posts
Sig P938 Equinox 9mm

I carry it often. I choose to use the flush 6rd mag vs the extended 7d

Has Truglo TG-H3 front sight which, if you haven't heard of them, is a combo fiber optic and tridium sight. Rear sights are tridium too.

Great checkering on front and back straps and shoots like a dream (meaning it handles the 9mm just fine for being such a small package)

Fully loaded with 6+1 it weighs 20oz

·
22,813 Posts
I marvelled and watched Dad shoot this when I was a little kid. I simply was too young and this was simply too much gun for me to responsibly manage.
He gave it to me this Christmas.
Neither one of us are particularly sentimental or emotional types, but this was quite a moment. I never knew he still had this classic revolver, I'd just presumed it was gone.

Yesterday, my LGS was able to get some .357 and notified me. I sprinted there from my office to pick up my limit of boxes.
Just got back from the range tonight. What a delight. I can't even explain.

I came home and called Dad.
I described the feel and the sound, the smoke... how my friends, the folks at the range, were impressed.
I told him about my first 2 shots being off, but from then on out the groupings were super tight.
He gave me some pointers and reassurance from his experience.
I can't wait to shoot with him.

Please teach your kids about the importance of the 2nd Amendment.

View attachment 475219
I have to reply to this again just to bring up this fantastic post again. What a great story. Love the grips too.

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
My most recent acquisition, the Heckler & Koch USP45 Elite.

This heavy duty .45 ACP target pistol caught my eye years ago, but being an expensive firearm which is only produced and imported in limited quantities was always just out of my reach until recently when I found one at a fantastically low price.

It's chambered in .45 ACP, but is such a massive, overengineered pistol designed to be able to handle even the hottest of loads indefinitely, so it's one of the very few pistols which can handle .45 Super right out of the box.

This model features an ambidextrous safety.

It also features a polished barrel hood as well as Bomar-style adjustable target sights.

I'm extremely pleased with it, and can't wait to take it out shooting.

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
I've kept this one kinda quiet. I picked it up just over a month ago and am loving it! I took it out right after I got it and ran 200 rounds of fmj and 100 rounds of jhp. The accuracy was on par with my full size Para 1911 which is excellent. I've been carrying quite a bit since.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9,194 Posts
I picked up a pair of pistols last week, haven't had a chance to get to the range yet but I haven't found enough ammunition to just burn yet either. I hate limiting myself when i take a new gun out, and make the trip worth it for trigger time during the break in period.

First would be the S&W M&P Shield EZ .380 with ambidextrous safety, bought it for the wife as i just don't feel comfortable with her relying on a .22 as her primary home weapon. I actually really like the feel of the pistol in hand, and the single stack 8 round magazines were pretty easy to load up. The slide racks almost too easily, which is good for her in the event she needs to reload.

Next would be my newest personal carry piece, a Sig P365 XL 9mm. It's hard to believe that a pistol with such a narrow footprint can hide 12+1 rounds in your pocket, but Sig seems to have found that magical formula to trim it down to 1.1" wide at the base of the grip. The slide is a little tight at the moment, but that flat trigger is buttery smooth.
Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
36,965 Posts
I've kept this one kinda quiet. I picked it up just over a month ago and am loving it! I took it out right after I got it and ran 200 rounds of fmj and 100 rounds of jhp. The accuracy was on par with my full size Para 1911 which is excellent. I've been carrying quite a bit since.

I've been hunting Commander sized 1911's in 45 ACP! That's a beauty. I keep haunting the Kimber sellers and just looked for Springfield.

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
This is the EMP in .40 S&W. The EMP is a slightly scaled down 1911. Rather than adapt a standard 1911 for the 9mm/40 cal rounds, they scaled the dimensions down and designed the gun around the ammo. It has a slimmer feel all around and is just different enough that it doesn't really work well with regular 1911 holsters. I currently have a cheap kydex holster that has been adjusted to fit it. I'm searching for a nice leather holster at the moment.

·
Registered
9,194 Posts
This is the EMP in .40 S&W. The EMP is a slightly scaled down 1911. Rather than adapt a standard 1911 for the 9mm/40 cal rounds, they scaled the dimensions down and designed the gun around the ammo. It has a slimmer feel all around and is just different enough that it doesn't really work well with regular 1911 holsters. I currently have a cheap kydex holster that has been adjusted to fit it. I'm searching for a nice leather holster at the moment.

Take a look here and see if it interests you, i just ordered 2 holsters, a mag holder, and a gun belt from them on Saturday in the middle of the night and it shipped out this morning. The company is from Missouri, and uses water buffalo hide for their holsters.

You can currently get a 10% discount for the remainder of March (code March2021), also a discount on the gun belt if you add it on from the checkout page (there's a coupon link below your order details). You can also get a discount of the soft leather IWB holsters for a second weapon with a discount from a link below the discounted belt link. I can confirm that the EMP is on the list of choices in leather, and you can only get to the add-on item discounts with something else in the cart.

Muddy River Tactical

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk

·
Registered
29 Posts

I have this simple soft leather IWB DeSantis holster for my EMP .40

2241 - 2260 of 2269 Posts