Taurus Firearm Forum banner

2221 - 2240 of 2269 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,337 Posts
I'm trying to find the G29 10mm now, it's a hard pistol to find here in Derby City these days.
I take mine with me on walks in the woods. Good for most critters regardless of the number of legs. I use a G20 15 round magazine with an X Grip slipped on it.

·
Registered
468 Posts
I just picked up my S&W 622 from the gunsmith. He did a great job drilling and tapping the barrel lug for the new Weaver 407S rail. Here she is with the newly installed rail and a Holosun 507C sight. I've used this circle/dot reticle on rifle and shotgun platforms, but never on a handgun. I'm hoping to get to the range later today to dial in the sight and just have some fun!

·
Super Moderator
19,933 Posts
I'm trying to find the G29 10mm now, it's a hard pistol to find here in Derby City these days.
You tried looking online? I spent a year or two looking for a P229 and ran across one on Gunbroker which I rarely look at. This is only my second gun from them in 7 years. One of my local gun stores (where I got my G29) has a display case full of GLOCK pistols. I almost got the G20 but wanted the compact a little more.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I just went to the range to test fire a gun and sight it in. Instead I fell in love with it, shooting it offhand at 15 yards with 115gr Geco red box ammo. I just wish that the ammo crisis would finally go away and that my life as a shooter could resumes normally ( despite COVID-19). Small pistol primer availability is as poor as the availability of popular calibers.

·
Premium Member
11,219 Posts
A resurgence of Colt designed pocket firearms. The only company NOT taking advantage, Colt.

Reactions: BigBlue

·
Registered
29 Posts
I marvelled and watched Dad shoot this when I was a little kid. I simply was too young and this was simply too much gun for me to responsibly manage.
He gave it to me this Christmas.
Neither one of us are particularly sentimental or emotional types, but this was quite a moment. I never knew he still had this classic revolver, I'd just presumed it was gone.

Yesterday, my LGS was able to get some .357 and notified me. I sprinted there from my office to pick up my limit of boxes.
Just got back from the range tonight. What a delight. I can't even explain.

I came home and called Dad.
I described the feel and the sound, the smoke... how my friends, the folks at the range, were impressed.
I told him about my first 2 shots being off, but from then on out the groupings were super tight.
He gave me some pointers and reassurance from his experience.
I can't wait to shoot with him.

Please teach your kids about the importance of the 2nd Amendment.

·
Super Moderator
36,965 Posts
What a wonderful present! These are the things that matter and it's even more special that you are able to share the experience of shooting it. Thanks for sharing the news.

Reactions: lazyspeed

·
Registered
631 Posts
Been looking for a .45 ACP M&P 2.0 - w/out a thumb safety and at a reasonable price - for some time. To this point had no luck...and I was even willing to overpay a bit!

I was out of town today and had visited a couple of LGSs, w/out success. My phone then showed a store about 25 minutes away. My first thought was not to bother, that it would be a waste of time. But I overcame my doubt, haha, and called. Bingo!

The only issue was that I wasn't looking for one w/ a threaded barrel and the high sights - I had thoughts of the high sights causing the gun to shoot low...but then I recalled the FNX Tactical I once owned not having shot low.

But the price was the most surprising of all. $539 - and it was brand new! I'd been at a store yesterday that had 2 of them, but they wanted $739.

The store even had the compact version which holds 8 rounds for just $10 more.

Persistence doesn't always pay off, but it does sometimes! Can't wait to try it out!

·
Registered
468 Posts
Been looking for a .45 ACP M&P 2.0 - w/out a thumb safety and at a reasonable price - for some time. To this point had no luck...and I was even willing to overpay a bit!

I was out of town today and had visited a couple of LGSs, w/out success. My phone then showed a store about 25 minutes away. My first thought was not to bother, that it would be a waste of time. But I overcame my doubt, haha, and called. Bingo!

The only issue was that I wasn't looking for one w/ a threaded barrel and the high sights - I had thoughts of the high sights causing the gun to shoot low...but then I recalled the FNX Tactical I once owned not having shot low.

But the price was the most surprising of all. $539 - and it was brand new! I'd been at a store yesterday that had 2 of them, but they wanted $739.

The store even had the compact version which holds 8 rounds for just $10 more.

Persistence doesn't always pay off, but it does sometimes! Can't wait to try it out!

View attachment 475395

View attachment 475396

Nice find!

·
Registered
380 Posts
This is what will be replacing my PT111 G2 as my EDC as soon as I get it broke in. I have a couple Canik TP9 SFx's, on with a red dot on it and another with just the warren sights. I really like these so I have been trying to find a Canik TP9 Elite CS. I finally got one bought off of GunBroker. Got it thursday and the red dot friday and went to the range yesterday, love this gun, great trigger and accurate. I've got 127 rounds through it now, another couple of hundred and if everything goes as it has so far I'll be putting the G2 back in the safe.
TP9 Elite CS.jpg

2221 - 2240 of 2269 Posts