Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
22,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife and I recently lost a precious dog. 13 years old, and 200 pounds of personality in a 100 pound dog. We were so torn up I couldn't even bring myself to post about it here. It's been almost two months now, so we've made progress accepting the new normal, aided by the daily recitations of "contemptible art thou, 2020, and despicable amongst the years."

But a week or two ago, my wife called Chewy to drop some of our subscriptions/automatic purchases. They were very understanding, which you'd expect, but a couple of days ago a dozen roses showed up at our door from the representative she spoke to and from Chewy.com. We were very touched. That's really showing your customers you care.

Needless to say, we'll be chewy customers for life. It was just so thoughtful and caring. Montana would have loved tearing up the box.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Sorry for your loss. Its so hard to loose a friend like a dog. My wife who has had more dogs than I could count always says they are born to break your heart.
We have adopted my mother in laws Beagle whom I had grown tired of and had nicknamed the Hun and she is getting old and slowing down and I can see plain as day that the time grows near and I can already feel my heart breaking.
The Hun has grown on me and now shares a place in my heart with dogs gone from my home. I can name them all. Even the one my family had when I was very young.
May you find relief from the pain that comes with losing your friend and know that they all will greet you in heaven.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
35,722 Posts
RIP Montana, run free in the grassy meadows of heaven.

·
Registered
2,542 Posts
So sorry. Don't hesitate to share ....... so many here have been there too. Ain't no way around it, it hurts.

·
Registered
478 Posts
I buy a lot of stuff on Chewy.com, the shipping is next day most of the time, my only complaint is when I buy cat litter, they put all of it into one huge box and dragging in a 72 (4 18 pound bags) in it isn't fun with my back and 2 bad shoulders. And while I'm doing it, I have to watch for my one cat to try to escape my apartment. Lately, I just order more often, 2 bags at a time, but even then, I ordered them too close to each other, and got the giant box anyway with all 4 in it.

·
22,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks everyone. Had some internet trouble after posting this, and I knew I'd come back to some great stories and encouragement.

Dogs are incredible companions and family members. The pain of losing them is the price of years of devotion and joy. We're making decisions about our next puppy, probably in the spring. We've still got three to keep us from getting bored. :)

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
My wife grew up on a farm south of Albuquerque NM and at one time had 7 wonderful fur balls. Now we live in the city and only have one. My mil died 5 years ago and to prevent her Beagle from being mistreated by bro in law we took the hound.
Her nickname is the hun. She acted like one at my mils house and now that we have time for her, she has turned around and become an angel(still call her Hun and she will answer).

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

1 - 10 of 10 Posts