Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm curious. I haven't seen anyone else mention that they wear a shoulder holster with shirt over for concealment. It seems the most comfortable for me by far. I just wonder why more folks don't do it.

·
Registered
6,762 Posts
I tried a shoulder holster for my first one. Having to always have a covering garment got old fast. Plus I didn't feel (and still don't) that they are easily concealable. Yes, under the right clothing (or for some body types or medical conditions) they will work but generally a strong side hip holster works well. I know that I can carry just about anything on my hip with an untucked tee shirt and I'm not a big guy.

Now, I wouldn't even consider a shoulder holster as I'm used to my gun being on my hip. I don't want to be grabbing air if I ever need it.

All the above isn't meant to demean pocket carry any. Its just that generally you can carry a larger gun on your hip. Although I have heard of a guy pocket carrying an N frame snubbie and I used to have a parka that could handle a 1911 easily in a front pocket.

Steelheart

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
I do!!!! I like shoulder rig for general vehicle carry and small of the back when walking. I swap out holster position on a regular bases and have no trouble remembering where I placed my firearm, but then I have been doing this for a very long. long time.

·
Registered
37 Posts
i often use a shoulder rig when i take a longer run on my motorcycle. it is simply more comfortable than carrying on my hip. a motorcycle seat wraps around your hip and forces the pistol into your side. albeit, it is covered by a vest or jacket in colder weather and not just a shirt. when not on my bike or at least not on a longer run, i carry my pt-140 in a c-tac.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Dude, that is a SWEET ass holster. I've been looking for a quality holster for a while and I think I just found one. I can see how that would be nice for the days on the bike too. I'm planning on buying a bike in the next year or two as well so it may be well worth the $$.

Thanks for the lead man.

Rawhide said:
I use a Ross M42A-L due to the amount of time I spend on my bike.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Most people don't think about carrying a small pistol or revolver in a shoulder rig. They think, shoulder holster must carry a PT92 or larger.
Some people can hide a PT92 or larger weapon in a shoulder rig under a light shirt.
But for most people. A small gun in a good shoulder rig with a light shirt will work very well.

·
Administrator
39,379 Posts
Guess I'll just have to try one for myself. I've used IWB for awhile and have been considering a shoulder rig. I want to use it under a shirt. These just seem like, with a little work, they could serve an all purpose use. I want to conceal a PT145.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts