Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive been looking recently at the various types of shoulder holsters i can get because i will be getting my CCW permit within the next week or so (hopefully). i came across the Galco X-Project and like it because it seems very adjustable. I own a 24/7 Pro in .45 caliber. I was wondering though:

1. Has anyone tried this and is it a reliable/comfortable holster?
and
2. They offer it in a couple different sizes, not one being specific for my gun, and i do not know which one will fit the best. :???: The most popular choices seem to be for a Glock 26/27/33, for a Glock 17/22/31, for a Sig P228/P229 or for a Springfield 4" XD

So if anyone knows which one would best fit my gun, or if the holster is worth buying for $65 please let me know as any feedback will be greatly appreciated!!

Here's a link... http://www.copsplus.com/prodnum6437.php
Thanks alot!!! :D

·
Registered
280 Posts
Are you stuck to a shoulder holster? They may be good for concealing but if you need the gun in a hurry they are hard to get to. I have one for my 24/7 Pro as well and I never wear it. I have a Don Hume Leather pancake that I got from gunnersalley.com for $40. I wear it with shorts and tshirt and you can't see it at all.

·
Registered
509 Posts
A shoulder holster is a tricky thing.
The last one I purchased was a Safariland Spring loaded Break front shoulder holster.
I wound up giving it away and switch to an Alesi Bodyguard and a Desantis Inc inside the pants holster.
From what I read of the Project X system, it is made so you can put the harness on, Pull your shirt over it and then attach the holster and accessory's to it via those buttons.
A clever Idea, and a nice system if it really works. http://www.impactguns.com/store/GAL-X-PROJECT.html
That is a link to a good photo of the system. ;)

·
Registered
509 Posts

·
Registered
532 Posts
I have a Galco Vertical shoulder holster, for my Sigma 9VE, and i really like it. The harness is the same as the Maimi Classic, and is extremely versatile and adjustable. I prefer the Vertical system as it seems to conceal better on my frame, and gets me to the gun quicker.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
I like a shoulder holster you can wear under a jacket or unbuttoned shirt and have quick and easy access to, no front strap. It's personal preference but I wouldn't get a holster for myself where I hafta dig under my clothes to get at in a hurry. When I can't wear the shoulder rig due to the clothes I'm wearing I use the inside waist band (IWB).

·
Registered
147 Posts
I have a Galco shoulder holster kind of like that, but it isn't that particular model. It wears quite well and i use it for a 5" 1911. It is quite comfortable and easy to get at, but you do need a coat over it. My personal preference is a Crossbreed IWB. Very comfortable during a 10-15 hour days wear, easy to get at and hides well even with a 5" 1911 with just a light shirt or loose fitting T.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts