Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Texas teacher tells brat student to

Texas teacher tells brat student to “Go back to Mexico”

Posted on February 17, 2012 by [email protected] (Dan X. McGraw)

A Texas teacher is fighting to keep her job after allegedly telling a Hispanic student to “go back to Mexico,” according to a Fox 4 News story.

Two-time “Teacher of the Year” Shirley Bunn, 63, was handing out Title 1 forms to her 8th grade class at Barnett Junior High School in Arlington, the television station reported. A disruptive student requested a Spanish version of the form, saying, “I’m Mexican. I’m Mexican.”

Bunn told the student that he could get a Spanish version in the main office, but the student continued to repeat, “I’m Mexican,” according to the television station.

Bunn responded, “[Then] go back to Mexico,” according to Fox 4.

“It was almost instantaneous. I thought, ‘God, I don’t believe that came out of my mouth,’” she told The Fort Worth Star-Telegram. “It was a very, very hard week, the end of six weeks. It was late in the day. It was a Friday. We were on the third day of the first curriculum assessment and I knew it wasn’t going well. It was just an extremely bad day.”

Bunn has been placed on administrative leave as the Arlington School District reviews the case. An examiner has recommended that the school board allow Bunn to return to her job.

The school board could reject the examiner’s recommendation and fire Bunn.

·
Registered
34,138 Posts
Of coarse she should keep her job. She's obviously made a point of telling people it was an accident. It was also an appropriate and natural response to the behavior of the student who was definitely out of line. But, I'm sure that the school board would be willing to have this teacher executed if they could, because common sense is not a factor in the decision making process of most public school boards.

·
Registered
5,161 Posts
Keep the teacher, fire the parents of the kid. Education begins at home, and is facilitated in school. Firing the teacher or the kid is like eating your arm to avoid starvation.

Reactions: Shinsou

·
Registered
16,283 Posts
Keep the teacher, get rid of the kid.
Why the H should we be required to be bilingual anyway?
If you want to be in this Country, then LEARN ENGLISH!
Is there any other country that kowtows to illegal immigrants by teaching in another language?

·
Administrator
39,362 Posts
Fire the teacher? Hell no!

Reactions: Shinsou

·
Registered
13,853 Posts
I wish our government would "Balls Up" and tell more people who come to America expecting special treatment to please feel free to go back to where they came from. This is the Land of Opportunity.....Not the land of special treatment, handouts or foreign conformity. Though sometimes it appears to be just that

·
10,379 Posts
My take,

If he's Mexican, as he claimed, then he does need to go back to Mexico. Now, if he's an United States Citizen who just happens to be of Mexican descent, then he should be perfectly capable of filling out any necessary paperwork in English.

·
Registered
3,770 Posts
She should keep her job.

·
Registered
848 Posts
Good for Shirley. That woman is aces in my book.
She should be given a raise and back pay for the time she was off.
:D

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
My take,

If he's Mexican, as he claimed, then he does need to go back to Mexico. Now, if he's an United States Citizen who just happens to be of Mexican descent, then he should be perfectly capable of filling out any necessary paperwork in English.

This is the correct answer!

·
Registered
108 Posts
I like Australias Prime Ministers answer when she said.If you want to live here in peace and be part of the country fine if not get out.Thats not a quote thats my version ,but thats the way she meant it I believe.I almost started looking for a job and a place of residence in Australia when I heard that.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Good for her. Sad they will hose her in the end.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts