Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
I don't know. Crime can be so intense in some areas that it might be useful. However, it's also like the time a few years ago when the DEA picked up some surplus OV-1 Mohawks. I was a little suspicious about that one....

·
17,567 Posts
I could understand large cities having one. But like the article said, in Louisiana they've had one since 2009 and never used it. Keene N.H.? Been there. Doesn't seem very likely they'll ever need it. Seems like a waste of money.

·
Registered
5,161 Posts
Naw, I wouldn't worry. With obamanation in office, they won't be able to afford to fill it up with fuel.

·
Registered
27,095 Posts
What's weird is it's a town of 23,000 - not Los Angeles (where they probably need one).
I'm going to guess that it's just another example of political corruption and cronyism.
Lenco is in Pittsfield, Massachusetts - so my question would be who they paid off, i.e. contributed to the campaign fund for.

·
Administrator
39,362 Posts
Well, Uncle Sam has all that dough, what's tossing a quarter mil+, per unit, at stuff like that? It's free, ain't it?

Sarcasm intended.

·
Registered
14,713 Posts
My city has one. They use it for the SRT guys. Last time they had it out they were trying to use it as the lead car in a chase because the suspect was firing at the patrol cars behind him. Problem is the thing doesn't have much of a top speed and the suspect was in a Camero.

·
Super Moderator
21,439 Posts
Our town is about twice the size and we got a Mobile command center that they bring to the fair and the mall during Christmas. And downtown festivals. Its massive with all the bells and whistles.

·
Registered
10,614 Posts
These are great until some wing nut dip stick decides to use one for RPG target practice. It is only a matter of time.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Ian Freeman was the guy who started the opposition to this thing up in Keene. I've been listening to him talk about it for a while now on his radio show, Free Talk Live. Pretty interesting, there was (is but it's too late now) massive support against the town accepting that thing.

The deal with these things is that the towns get them for free basically, they just have to take care of them. Which is a whole other huge expensive issue. But anyway, whenever the Feds, the DEA or whatever other police-state alphabet soup government agency come to town to eff with someone, they get to use the thing no questions asked. So all it is is FedGov leaving these things parked on loan all over the US and they're there for them to use any time they want. That's the real purpose of FedGov handing these things out like they're golf carts. It's for them. Not for you. What a bunch of shit.

I can't wait until FedGov goes broke and this insanity stops.

·
Registered
3,770 Posts
Da Fuq!? Are they doing route clearance on the back roads of Afghanistan?

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
They are just conditioning the American people like Hitler did with the military on the streets and police now dressing like military and being trained with them. We are not some third world county yet but close we do not need military policing the streets the boarders would be nice. Oh it's about conditioning the citizens not about keeping us safe. There are countries that have real terrorist that are more free then we are and they are tightening the grip more each day. As it was said We should not give up freedom for so called security in my own paraphrase. Especially a false security for a false threat.
Funny how this raises some eyebrows but the drones they are flying over America now aren't a concern especially when they can kill you or disappear you without provocation. If you look at the list of who may be a terrorist almost all Americans fit some part of the list that means at any time they can detain you indefinitely for no real reason at all and or have you killed just because. Were not in America any more folks. Can you say NWO New World Order i.e. European Union. To bad most of America is in a trance and thinks all of this is okay and for there safety. Most people don't know this but they have been manufacturing hundreds of thousands of plastic coffins that fit four to six bodies in each and storing them around the country. Look it up if you don't believe me they hide these kind of things in plain view and people are so involved in American Idle, and Desperate House Wives they don't see there demise coming.

·
Registered
34,138 Posts
Yup, I live in Green Cove Springs, Florida population 6,900 give or take a few folks that come and go. Our city PD has a nice new mobile command and control center thanks to Uncle Sugar. i'm not sure what the dickens we're supposed to do with it though. My suggestion was to cut a window through the armor, and sell ice cream from it. The city could use the revenue. but alas, it just sits under the protective cover next to the patrol boat. It looks good though!

Reactions: Armedpatriot

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Yup, I live in Green Cove Springs, Florida population 6,900 give or take a few folks that come and go. Our city PD has a nice new mobile command and control center thanks to Uncle Sugar. i'm not sure what the dickens we're supposed to do with it though. My suggestion was to cut a window through the armor, and sell ice cream from it. The city could use the revenue. but alas, it just sits under the protective cover next to the patrol boat. It looks good though!
Just strategic placement while waiting for the big roll out.

·
Registered
29,717 Posts
I don't like it. That is military not police. Big difference!

Reactions: Rogerzz

·
Registered
27,095 Posts
I don't like it. That is military not police. Big difference!
It looks military, but Lenco's customers are law enforcement. Now it's true that in many parts of the world you can't tell the difference...
The real issue is to define the role of the police more clearly and to separate out paramilitary operations and either create a separate entity to accomplish those types of missions - or to not engage in paramilitary operations against civilian targets.

Face it, you may be uncomfortable with a truck that looks like that in New Hampshire, but don't you think that any sheriff along our southern border would love to have one and should have one. Of course that's why the obama administration sent it to New Hampshire.

·
Registered
29,845 Posts
Muchadoaboutnuthin...:cool:

Don't get your nickers in a wad till you see
"Black Helicopters" with "Mayberry Sheriff Department" logos on them.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Muchadoaboutnuthin...:cool:

Don't get your nickers in a wad till you see
"Black Helicopters" with "Mayberry Sheriff Department" logos on them.
Been there done that no writing though all blacked out.

·
Registered
29,717 Posts
It looks military, but Lenco's customers are law enforcement. Now it's true that in many parts of the world you can't tell the difference...
The real issue is to define the role of the police more clearly and to separate out paramilitary operations and either create a separate entity to accomplish those types of missions - or to not engage in paramilitary operations against civilian targets.

Face it, you may be uncomfortable with a truck that looks like that in New Hampshire, but don't you think that any sheriff along our southern border would love to have one and should have one. Of course that's why the obama administration sent it to New Hampshire.
I don't want them here in Texas either. (Maybe with the exception of Border patrol). I do think that due to the nature of Border Patrol, something paramilitary like this is justified.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts