Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have the opportunity to swap my never fired pt140 for a Springfield XD 40 that has about 100 rounds through it. My dad is wanting something a little smaller than his XD and at 5'10" 160lbs he could use something a little smaller. Now I'm 6'3" 250 and can conceal a much bigger weapon. The question is, if it were you, would you make the swap?

·
Super Moderator
21,888 Posts
I'm 5'10" and 250 and have no problem with a 4" XD-9 Its a little bigger but it feels better in my hand. Which makes me a better shot.

·
Premium Member
17,735 Posts
I think I would take that deal. But I prefer larger guns. For shooting, not carrying. I'm 6' 2", 230#, and I carry a TCP738!

·
Super Moderator
40,690 Posts
Take him and both to the range and each of you try them out. If you like how it feels make the swap.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I used to have a 4" XD 40 prior to my 45 so I know how it shoots already. I'd love to have another XD but I really like my pt140.

·
Administrator
40,549 Posts
Before you do the trade, shoot the PT140. Then decide.

·
Registered
99 Posts
From what I've seen and read, XD's are hard to beat. My son has a XD40 and loves it. I just bought a XDs in 45ACP and love it. Don't have any knowledge of the PT140. I think I'd do the deal.

·
Supporting SuperModerator
15,407 Posts
Yep, shootem, then everyone pick their favorite. Besides, it's DAD, you can't loose either way.

Reactions: Lil Beaver
1 - 8 of 8 Posts