Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to thank everyone on there replies to my question on a possible trade.I have another trade option but I need opinions.I'm looking at the possibility of trading my pt24/7 pro gen 1 for a sig sp 2022 . HadHas anyone had experience with the Sig how to they compare in value and quality. Is the Sig dependable. Also I'm thinking of just selling my savage 22 mag with accutrigger base model.I know this isnotthe forum for sales so please do not post if you are interested in purchasing because I do not want post deleted.All I'm looking for on information from informative people thanks

·
Registered
5,151 Posts
My son had one in 40 and traded even up for glock he is a glock groupie i am sorry to say. but i shot his sig and come close to buying it from him for my self. This pstol comes in 9 mm and 40cal with 2 mags and a holister. Sig is a the top of my list for quality firearms and probally has a better resale that the taurus.

jhp

should probally be in other hand guns not 24/7forum

·
Registered
12 Posts
IMHO the 2022 is a bastard child of an attempt at for Sig to drop an entry level/low cost weapon to compete with Glock/XD/err hate to say it Taurus. Most of my service weapons were sigs and I loved most of them. I have handled the 2022 and spent time with it, and aside from on paper it has very little in common with other models. If you want a sig I say do it! That said look at a 226 or a 239, not the 2022.

·
Registered
7,557 Posts
Cant help you withthe Sig, just have no experience with them. The Savage, if it is a 93 with the synthetic stock, usually runs around $250 new, give or take

·
Registered
12 Posts
P238 is an awesome .380. It is a colt design, but very well done. They now even offer a 9mm variant of it. That said, Sigs polymer platforms still do not stack up to the alloy ones.

·
Registered
24,853 Posts
That is a decision that is really up to you. You know what you want and we really don't.

·
Registered
27,644 Posts
Over the years I have gotten rid of a few guns - always for what I thought at the time was a great deal.
With one exception (I hated that gun) I later wished I could undo the trade. Not that there was anything wrong with the guns I got, I just got the miss the guns I didn't have.
Remington 513
Winchester 1200
Glock 17
Commodity guns all, I could replace them if I really needed to, so all we're talking about is emotion and motivation.
It's just that since you seem to be having a difficult time making the decision, I suspect you might be like me and wind up regretting any trade. Just because.

·
Administrator
18,190 Posts
Do you like your Taurus 24/7? If not, trade it. If you do like the 24/7 you will miss it, no matter what you trade it for.

Not a fan here of the Sig SP2022, as there are better guns that cost significantly less. If you want a Sig, buy a P226, P228, or P239. My pick of the SigArms Pistols has been the P226.

·
Premium Member
16,168 Posts
What 24/7 do you have? Are the calibers the same or is the SIG in a caliber you want? I have both and love them both. While the 2022 is the low end of SIGs mine is a great gun and shoots better than I do.

BTW if the SIG has the SIG Night Sights on it you'll love them.

·
Registered
7,296 Posts
Having owned neither, I can only offer a general philosophy of mine: Never trade any gun that performs, functions and shoots well.

You are trading a known entity for an unknown entity. Much better to buy the new Sig, compare it to your current gun, then sell the one you like the least. Or better still, figure out a way to keep both if you like both.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts